Business Enterprise Competition 2016
This March, we welcomed over 300 students from 11 schools to our Dublin campus for our annual Business Enterprise Competition.
The Business Enterprise Competition challenges students in transition year, 5th year and 6th year to develop a real product and utilise social media to market their product. The shortlisted projects got the chance to display their product in the Academic Facilities venue on campus to both their peers and our expert panel of judges.
The shortlisted teams include the following:
- ÉirÉolas - FCJ Secondary School, Wexford
- PlatePal – St. Mary's Diocesan School, Louth
- Gloves Going Global – St. Mary's College, Wicklow
- Ellipse Food – St. David's Holy Faith Secondary, Wicklow
- Learn To Drive - St. David's Holy Faith Secondary, Wicklow
- Mr. Safety Kit – Newbridge College, Kildare
- Fidget Widget – Scoil Dara, Kildare
- Fenu Health – Loreto College, Dublin
- Slieve Bloom Books – St. Mary's CBS, Laois
- Little Foot – Ursuline Secondary School, Tipperary
- Sliotar Clocks – St. Mary's CBS Enniscorthy, Wexford
- Light Bulb Ideas – St. Leo's College, Carlow.
While the finalist teams were setting up their Business Pods, their school supporters attended business workshops, hosted by our Business Faculty. These workshops gave the students a taste of college life.
At 2pm, the teams began their presentations in front of a packed audience and our three judges. Our expert judges included: Edel Irvine, Marketing Supervisor at Griffith College Dublin; Colman Boyd, Business Faculty Lecturer; Alan Lynch, Graduate Business School Lecturer.
After much deliberation, the winning teams were chosen. Third place was given to Dean Doyle and Diarmuid Doyle creators of Sliotar Clocks. Second place was awarded to Darragh McGee and Eoin Lennon from Learn to Drive. First place, and the Business Enterprise Perpetual Trophy, was awarded to Annie and Kate Madden creators of Fenu Health from Loreto College, St. Stephens Green.
Congratulations to all of the students and their teachers on the fantastic projects shortlisted!