Conference Centre Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
All telephone bookings will be regarded as provisional and must be confirmed in writing using the booking form. The person who signs the booking request shall be considered the hirer and point of contact for the booking. Where bookings are made on behalf of an organisation, that organisation shall be considered the hirer. Booking forms must be posted to: The Conference Centre Griffith Corporate Training Griffith College South Circular Road Dublin 8 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: 01-4163323 / 01-4163378 / 01-4163318 The person listed as the hirer is responsible for ensuring that all payments are made in full and on time. The Griffith Conference Centre will not engage in third party negotiations for payments under any circumstances. Written confirmation using the booking form will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions. Hirers may be required to furnish names and addresses of referees. Griffith Conference Centre reserves the right to approach these referees before confirmation of the booking is made. All the hirers requirements should be detailed on the booking form at the time of booking. The hirer shall notify Griffith Conference Centre of any changes to the requirements detailed on the booking form, in writing, not less than three working days before the function. On receipt of the booking form together with 25% deposit Griffith Conference Centre will confirm the booking. Room Bookings are allocated on receipt of Booking Form and payment of fees. An invoice for 25% deposit will be submitted with the confirmation. The final balance must be paid within 14 days of the date of the final Invoice. On confirmation of the booking the cancellation policy will immediately apply. Notification of cancellations should be made in writing and will be effective on the date received by Griffith Conference Centre, Griffith Corporate Training. The hirer shall be responsible for all charges arising out of the booking, including any cancellation fee. Cancellation fees must be paid on or before the date of the proposed event on the following scale: Notice - Less than 3 days Premises - 100% Supplies - 100% Notice - 3 to 6 days Premises - 100% Supplies - 50% Notice - 7 to 14 days Premises - 50% Supplies - 25% Notice - 14 to 28 days Premises - 25% Supplies - 15%
- Griffith College reserves the right to change any of the details given on our Webpage. Griffith Conference Centre reserves the right to alter prices or other details shown in its brochure without notice.
- The hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of their staff and delegates throughout the duration of the hire period, and will be expected to comply with all relevant legislation.
- The Management reserves the right to alter proposed room layouts in order to comply with fire regulations and to refuse admission to rooms if over-crowding is likely to occur. Delegate lists are required to be sent to the Conference Co-Coordinator at least two working days in advance.
- Griffith Conference Centre shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the property arising out of the holding of a function or any injury which may be incurred by or be done by or happen to any person during the holding of a function arising from any cause whatsoever, or for any loss due to breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity or telephone, leakage of water, fire, riot, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Company's premises to be temporarily closed or the function interrupted.
- Griffith Conference Centre does not accept responsibility for the property of customers or guests. Any goods deposited are left at the owner's risk and without any liability on the part of Griffith Conference Centre.
- The hirer shall be held responsible for insuring all equipment brought onto the premises and for any damage caused to the property of Griffith College Dublin and the Griffith Conference Centre by any equipment or exhibits brought onto the premises and campus.
- The hirer shall pay all charges within 28 days of the date of the invoice. Should the hirer fail to pay any invoice within this period, Griffith Conference Centre shall have the right to cancel any other contractual arrangements with the hirer without notice.
- VAT is chargeable on the hire of all facilities, including goods and services provided and is charged at the current rate. Griffith Conference Centre operates a no smoking policy in all its rooms. Please inform your delegates of this policy and ensure that they do not smoke whilst they are in the building.
- Unless written authority is provided by Griffith Conference Centre, its name or logo must not be used on any publicity material or press reports for events.
- The Conference Centre's authorized personnel have the right of entry to all rooms; in particular the Centre reserves the right to inspect the rooms for cleaning or maintenance or to carry out emergency repairs.
- Griffith Conference Centre reserves the right to decline any application of hire of room(s) in the Centre or use of the facilities.
- The hirer must state audiovisual equipment requirements two weeks prior to the event; failure to do so may result in the Centre being unable to provide all of the hirer's requirements.
- The Griffith Conference Centre will take all reasonable steps to provide the facilities required by the client, but will not guarantee compliance.
- A damage deposit of 2,500 euro is required 5 days in advance of all bookings. This will be returned following an inspection following each event.