Personal and Professional Development
Build your personal and professional development skills
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated degree programmes.
This is one single module from the BA (Hons) in Business.
Why study Personal and Professional Development at Griffith College?
The purpose of this module is to develop appropriate skills and knowledge in learners which is intended to prepare them to source employment opportunities and enter the workforce successfully. The module enables learners to gain a broad understanding of the numerous, and diverse range of activities, that combine to secure employment and /or internship opportunities. Furthermore, the module aims to develop learners’ personal and professional skills so that they may act confidently and appropriately in a range of interpersonal business functions.
We run one intake for this course, commencing as follows:
*subject to sufficient numbers
- Professional cover letter
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Developing a professional portfolio
- Presentation skills
- Completing a targeted job search
- Developing industry knowledge
- Identifying competencies and skills required
- Matching your skills to company requirements
- Career development and career values
- Preparing for the interview
- Self-promotion and confidence
- Interview etiquette
- Interview questions and answers
- Closing the interview
- Importance of punctuality
- Dress code in a professional environment
- Business etiquette and professional behaviour
- Networking for professional development
- Engagement and contribution within the workplace / college
- Fostering good relationships with colleagues
- Building resilience
- Self-regulation skills to enhance productivity
- Time management and task prioritisation
- Setting goals / avoiding procrastination
- Emotional intelligence and understanding others
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Collaboration and team work
- Initiative and enterprise
- Emotional intelligence
- People management
- Fundamental principles of ethical behaviour
- Concept of acting ethically in professional duties
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course will run 1 evening per week over 8 weeks, Tuesday from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Sep: 24
- Oct: 01, 08, 15, 22, 29
- Nov: 12 19
How to Apply
English Language: If English is not your native language you must show that your English level is of a suitable standard. For further information, please contact a member of the Admissions Team.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Professional Academy.
Applicants under 23 years of age:
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
Two Honours Level, Grade C3s or above and four Ordinary Level D3s (subjects to include Maths and a language, English, Irish or another language) or equivalent exam taken.
New Leaving Cert
2 H5 and 4 O6/H7 grades, to include Maths and a language (English, Irish or another language).
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.