Where would you like to study?

We’ve got locations in three of the best cities in Ireland. If you know exactly where you’d like to study, just pick the one that suits you best. If you don’t know yet – then that’s fine too!

Griffith College Logo
A Griffith College student researches in the library

Visa Information

Let us answer all your visa-related questions!

Do I need a visa to study in Ireland? 

All students holding a Non-EU passport are required to have a valid student visa to study in Ireland. However, some nationalities are not required to have a visa to enter Ireland and the long-term student visa can be awarded shortly after arrival in Ireland, with the assistance of Griffith College. 

Learn more about Irish visa requirements here

Where do I apply for an Irish study visa? 

For students who do need a visa to enter Ireland, it is recommended that you contact the Irish Embassy or Consulate in your country for full visa information. 

The list of all Irish Embassies and Consulates can be seen here

How do I apply for my student visa in Ireland? 

For a successful visa application, the following documents should be submitted at a minimum. (Please note that other supporting documents may be required, and students should contact their local Irish Embassy or Consulate to obtain information on the full documentation required.)

  • Visa application form 
  • Student visa declaration form 
  • Education documents from high school and university where applicable 
  • English proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL 
  • Evidence of finances - you should be able to demonstrate that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to support your living expenses while in Ireland and be able to meet the cost of the programme. The Immigration office recommends student to have access to €7000 per year for living expenses 
  • Proof of Medical Insurance - GCD will provide medical insurance for all students 
  • Proof of payment 
  • Proof of enrolment on the stated course 
  • Evidence of previous immigration and travel history, if any 
  • Evidence of previous work experience, if any