Higher National Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering
Develop key technical skills to advance your career opportunities in the manufacturing sector.
The BTEC accredited Higher National Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering delivers knowledge and skills in a range of specialist areas of manufacturing engineering and is suited to those who would like a career in the manufacturing/biopharma and the medical devices industries or those who want to upskill in this area.
Why Study Engineering at Griffith College?
The BTEC Higher National Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering is available on a part-time basis over one year. It provides education and training of manufacturing principals and management to engineers, operators and technicians in the areas of manufacturing systems and processes. The certificate equips learners with a set of transferable work skills suitable for many technical roles in areas such as manufacturing systems design, maintenance and technical services and electronic, mechanical and automotive engineering. The course provides learners with a nationally recognised and vocationally specific qualification and an option to progress on to higher education qualifications such as a full- or part-time degrees. The course focuses on the development of higher-level technological and management skills to ensure learners can perform their roles efficiently in the work environment. Upon completion of the course, learners have the skills, techniques and personal qualities to make an immediate contribution to employment at the appropriate professional level.
- Develop key work-related skills, an appreciation of industry requirements and gain an understanding of manufacturing engineering.
- Learn how to improve productivity, efficiency, and profitability, as well as how to provide more choice to customers, reduce response times and improve quality.
- The practical nature of the coursework lends to preparation for work in the field of industrial engineering or to progress their career if currently working in the sector.
- Acquire highly transferable skills attractive to a wide range of sectors outside engineering including banking, transportation, consultancy, distribution services, health and other government areas.
- Option to further your studies with our Level 7 Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering programme available at both our Dublin and Limerick campuses.
The next intake for this course will be:
- February 2022*
- October 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
- Engineering Management
- Quality and Process Improvement
- Production Engineering for Manufacturing
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Design
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Electrical and Electronic Principals
- Engineering Science
This course runs two evenings per week. Specific timetables are available on request.
How to Apply
- Candidates with Leaving Certification qualifications or higher who would be in a position to benefit from and succeed in constituent modules of the programme
- Pass Maths and English
- Mature applicants with qualifications and experience deemed equivalent by the College’s BTEC approved RPL and RPEL policies.
How to Apply
General Fee Information
An Academic Administration Fee of EUR250.00 and a 2% Learner Protection Charge is applicable each academic year in addition to the fees quoted below. The fees below relate to Year 1 fees only.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Irish/EU Living in Ireland: EUR 1,780.00
Option to further your studies with our Level 6 Higher National Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering (BTEC) programme available at our Limerick campus.
Graduates of the Higher National Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering will have the ability for progression within their chosen fields of Manufacturing Engineering or across all various other industries, including the manufacturing (traditional and modern), and services sectors. It also allows the development of key work-related skills which are transferable to a variety of types of management and technical work, such as work in: manufacturing systems design, manufacture, maintenance and technical services areas of the electronic, mechanical and the automotive engineering industries to name just a few.