Gain the in-depth technical knowledge & skills specifically required to operate as a Trustee within the pensions industry
The Certificate in Law and Governance Programme for Trustees offers trustees and advisors the insights and understanding required to carry out their roles effectively. Touching on the many aspects of pension schemes, the 10-ECTS Level-8 programme will focus on the building blocks for implementing good scheme governance and risk management. The programme covers the core areas of trustees' responsibilities imposed by both legislation and social needs, and it examines the liabilities they face, compliance issues and the need for proper risk management. Trustees will have a deeper understanding of how risks can be mitigated through the implementation of good practices and procedures. Issues will be examined for both ongoing schemes and those in the process of wind-up.
Why Study Law and Governance for Trustees at Griffith College?
The programme provides learners with comprehensive knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to enable and empower trustees and their advisers to carry out their duties. The programme also develops softer skills in the areas of written and oral communication, active listening, relationship management, problem solving and business awareness.
- The programme was developed in consultation with the pensions industry and with the pension regulator.
- The programme is purposely designed to incorporate contemporary regulatory developments such as IORP II, SRD, SFRD, GDPR etc.
- Graduates will be awarded membership of the Irish Institute of Pensions Management (IIPM) and permitted to use the designation QPT subject to application to the IIPM).
- The programme is delivered by experts from both the college and the industry.
- The programme provides superb networking and mentoring opportunities.
- Students may choose to progress onto the Higher Diploma in Pensions Management.
Irish Institute of Pensions Management
The IIPM was founded in 1990 with the primary objective to promote professional and educational standards amongst those working in the field of pensions. The institute has delivered high quality and relevant qualifications to employees for close to 30 years. Employers and the pensions regulator recognise the value of IIPM membership qualifications given the importance of pensions to the Irish economy and Irish society.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers