Learn to address the needs of high performance in the area of professional development and transition management.
The programme is developed in consultation with the Irish Institute of Sport and is suitable for both current athletes and recently retired athletes in preparation for the future.
Why study Dual Career Development at Griffith College?
The Certificate in Dual Career Development (Sport) is conducted on a part-time basis over a five-month period. The programme offers personalised learning, convenience and flexibility to meet the needs of each participant.
- You will receive a Level 7 Special Purpose Award (Certificate) recognised by the National Framework of Qualifications.
- You will receive training in the crucial areas of career transition and dual career development.
- You will develop key skills in IT, communication and personal management.
- You will develop the tools to aid life planning and career development, empowering you to take ownership of your personal and professional development.
- Option to further your studies in this area at both diploma and degree level.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
- September 2021*
- January 2022 *
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
I had a great experience in Griffith College. The content was really beneficial and the lecturers were top quality. Overall it has given me a real interest in learning again, something that was not a priority in my boxing career before now.
This course has helped me develop both professionally and personally. The lecturing staff are very flexible and helped me balance my course work with my sporting commitments. I learnt some really practical skills like how to manage my online brand through social media and how best to negotiate contracts.