Master desktop publishing skills and graphic design principles with Adobe CS
This part-time course combines basic desktop publishing skills and graphics design principles with the specifics of how to use the Adobe suite to create visual communications.
The course is validated by The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). This course focuses on the development of professional skills and does not sit on the national framework.
Why Study Desktop Publishing at Griffith College?
The Diploma in Desktop Publishing course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over a 16-week period. The aim of the course is to give participants the advanced skills and knowledge required to work in a desktop publishing/graphic design environment.
- You develop skills in key technologies like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- You develop key techniques used to create and edit complex publications using industry standard software applications and how to prepare them for submission to commercial printers
- You acquire practical experience in publishing through pre-defined exercises designed to highlight a particular area or technique
- You develop and extend your skills and knowledge to either progress in your current career or with a view to moving into other work areas
- Validated by a leading commercial and business developmental body in the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM).
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps plan, which gives you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
The next intake for this course will be:
- October 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable section for course dates.