IT Service Management (ITIL) Foundation
ITIL certification is increasingly demanded for any IT Professional working in the IT services environment.
Although an IT background is an advantage, the level of technical detail covered is minimal since the ITIL framework is a generic process-framework and is not tied to any particular technology or organisational context.
Why study IT Service Management at Griffith College?
Accredited ITIL® Foundation training is provided by IT Knowledge Partners Ltd., accredited by Peoplecert.
On completing this course students can:
- Apply ITIL to improve service support and delivery processes in the workplace.
- Understand the concepts and terminology of ITIL.
- Explain the concept of value creation through services and how each stage of the service lifecycle contributes to the value proposition.
- Understand what service assets mean, and how they are organised around resources and capabilities.
- Understand the importance of measurement as a basis for continual service improvement, across services, processes and technology components.
- Obtain the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL).
- Dublin - Part-Time - May 2024
- Dublin - Part-Time - November 2024
ITIL is the internationally recognised framework for the delivery and support of cost-effective, high-quality IT services.
ITIL, which is established across thousands of organisations worldwide provides a robust foundation for IT service delivery and support and has been adopted by major technology organisations who all have developed their own adaptation of the framework.
ITIL has evolved since its inception in 1989 into a comprehensive framework that supports the entire lifecycle of service delivery and support, from service strategy to service operation, and continual service improvement. ITILv3, developed in 2007, is now closely aligned and integrated with other complementary standards and frameworks.
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- IT Service Management Technology
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course is scheduled to commence on May 2024.
This course will run for three consecutive days from 9.30 am - 5.00 pm, course dates outlined below.
Course dates to be confirmed.
Please contact [email protected] for further information.
How to Apply
Prior knowledge and experience within an IT environment is desirable, but not essential.
All applicants must be a user of Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Professional Academy
Applicants under 23 years of age:
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
Two Honours Level, Grade C3s or above and four Ordinary Level D3s (subjects to include Maths and a language, English, Irish or another language) or equivalent exam taken.
New Leaving Cert
2 H5 and 4 O6/H7 grades, to include Maths and a language (English, Irish or another language).
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Please note that not all study modes may be offered at all times; for confirmation, refer to the Intake dates on the Overview tab.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Fee: EUR 1190.00 (inclusive of exam fees)
What further study can I do?
Upon completion, this programme is the perfect foundation for participants who wish to progress in the workplace. Successful applicants may also elect to pursue further studies in this area.