Griffith College Logo

Admissions - FAQs

Where can I buy a phone?

There are 4 major phone companies in Ireland- Vodafone, o2, Meteor and Three. You can find these stores anywhere in the city centre. The majority of them are on or around St. Patrick’s Street.

How do I change my contact details?

In order to change your contact details, please go to and click on ‘Enter the Site’, and then click on 'Next' under ‘Change Contact Details’ section.

When can I access my study materials at Moodle? (Study Abroad and Gap Programme students only)

Once you bring your Academic Study form listing your modules to the International Office, our team will register you for these modules and then you will be able to access your study materials for modules of your choice. Please note that the registration for modules may take up to 2-3 days.

Where can I find accommodation?

We recommend a variety of accommodation options to our incoming students:


-          Short-Term Student Village Accommodation – Dean’s Hall, Arcadia Hall.

-          Shared houses/ apartments – Eazy Cork

-          Websites to find accommodation: , ,

            -          Host Families

How do I get an extension on my assignment?

You must fill out an assignment extension sheet that can be downloaded from Moodle and then submitted to your faculty. Please note if you wish to apply for an extension on your assignment, you need to have a valid reason supported by relevant documentation (for example, a certificate from a doctor).

How can I register for modules/ when can I choose my modules? (Study abroad and Gap Programme students only)

Students choose their modules on arrival: once the academic year starts, during first 2 weeks students can attend as many classes as they want, to find out which modules they want to follow. After two weeks, students need to bring their ‘Academic Study Form’ to the International Office, listing the modules they would like to follow and the International Team will register the modules of their choice.
Once registered for modules, students cannot change the modules they have chosen.
Normally Study Abroad students choose 4-5 modules per semester, totalling an equivalent of 30 ECTS.

How can I apply for Tourist Visa to visit other countries? (For Non-EU students)

If you would like to travel outside of Ireland to a country that is not your home country, you may require a Tourist Visa. If a visa is required, you will need to apply for the visa in the local Embassy/ Consulate of the country you wish to visit and an accompanying letter (an Embassy letter) from the College will be required.


If you wish to order your Embassy letter, please visit and click on 'Next' button under ‘Order General Letters’ section. You will be emailed with your receipt number and the letter will be ready to pick up from the International Office within next 2-3 days.


Students are advised that dates of travel that fall within term/class time will not be issued.

How do I get around Cork?

By bus: At Parnell Place Bus Station, in the city centre, there are buses that can get you around Cork but also to cities in Ireland like Galway or Dublin. Bus services in Cork City and county are provided by Bus Eireann ( One thing to remember is that the frequency of buses is restricted on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Student Travel Card: This card enables students to get substantial discounts on Bus Éireann and Irish Rail. To get it, you need to be registered at GCC and to have a GCC student card. Then, you have to apply for it at the USIT office located in Oliver Plunkett Street. 
Cork City centre is a within walking-distance from Griffith College, you can easily get around it on foot.