Creative Show 2019 is Open!
Final year students showed off their work to the public.
Griffith College was delighted to launch the 2019 Creative Show on Thursday 6th June. This event gives the public a chance to experience the best of what our creative students have to offer and is the culmination of years of hard work.
Final year students in Fashion, Photography, Film, Interiors, Graphic Design, Animation and Computing got to show off the fruits of their hard labour from the last three years in this impressive exhibition spanning the whole campus.
The work on display ranges from a photography collection called ‘No Crisis Here’ commenting on the housing crisis in Ireland, to a fashion collection inspired by core values of sustainability and a love of Body and Soul festival culture called ‘This is where I’ll be’ and various Design Communications projects exploring the impact of digital devices on mental health.
We were also delighted to host a number of guest speakers throughout the night, including Chair of the Council of Irish Fashion Designers, Eddie Shannahan, Hugh Wallace of RTEs ‘The Great House Rival’ and respected photographer and creator of collections like ‘The Thousand Year Old Boy’, Yvette Monohan.
The exhibition is open to the public until Wednesday 12th June, for which full opening times can be found below. Admission is free.
- Thursday, 6th June - 5:30pm to 9:30pm (Launch Night)
- Friday, 7th June - 12pm to 6pm (Computing exhibit closed)
- Saturday, 8th June - 12pm to 6pm
- Sunday, 9th June - 12pm to 6pm
- Monday, 10th June - 12pm to 6pm (Design Faculty exhibits closed)
- Tuesday, 11th June - 12pm to 6pm
- Wednesday, 12th June - 12pm to 6pm (Photography and Film exhibits closed)