Before Christmas, we announced that our students are launching a TEDxGriffithCollege.
So, what is TEDx?
TEDx is part of the overall TED 'ideas worth spreading' movement but is independently organised at a local level. There have been 50 TEDx events in Dublin alone since 2009!
Here are some stats from the worldwide TEDx events:
- Over 13,000 events have happened around the world
- 3,174 cities around the world have hosted one or more TEDx events
- 173 countries have hosted one or more TEDx events
- TEDx talks have been viewed over 500 million times on YouTube
As avid watchers of TED talks, we're delighted to be hosting a TEDx this evening, March 31st. The theme of TEDxGriffithCollege is 'Beyond (Your) Fear', which is a topic a lot of people could relate to.
Looking at different aspects of fear, we have a varied line-up of speakers:
- Rob Lipsett - Personal Trainer and Vlogger
- Ellen Keane - Paralympic Swimmer
- Paul Devaney - Seven Summits
- Oisín Scollard - turn2me.org
- Paul Hayes - Start-Up Wakes
- Karl O'Connor - The Nightmare Realm
- Mia Christina Döring - Psychotherapist
If you would like to get in touch with the TEDxGriffithCollege team, you can find them here: