Griffith College offers a selection of courses for those seeking a career in the Creative Arts and Screen Media Industry. Our reputation is highly respected within industry and our graduates are actively sought after by employers upon completing their programme.
Our courses equip learners to adapt to evolving industry needs. Throughout your time at Griffith College, an industry awareness is developed alongside creativity, concept development, an awareness of history and theory, storytelling, industry-standard software, and the ability to work individually and as part of a group.
Upon completion of the programmes, learners are able to apply, and further refine, their acquired knowledge in a variety of professional working environments.
- Full access to industry standard equipment and facilities
- Fully equipped TV studio
- Digital cinematography equipment
- Access to Avid Media Composer, ProTools and Adobe Suite
- On location sound recording equipment
- Access to production spaces
- Direct connections with the film industry
Why Griffith College?
- Fully equipped, industry-standard Film studio with black/white/green rail backdrop and 3x8 lighting rig
- Large selection of Cameras, including Black Magic and Sony studio cameras
- Full Apple MAC editing suite
- Full-frame Zoom & Prime lenses
- NewTek Tricaster 8000 Multi-Standard Vision Mixer with virtual studio environment
- Avid Media Composer, ProTools and Adobe Suite
- Full range of equipment available for students to rent
- 4 fully kitted Studios including one daylight studio
- Two Darkrooms
- Two Processing rooms
- 2 x Epson Stylus Pro 4900
- 1 Mac Room for editing and scanning
- 1 Print Finish Room
- 2x Large-format Epson Stylus Pro 4900
- Hasselblad Flextight scanner
- Full-frame DSLR - Nikon and Canon kits available
- Medium Format and large-format analog cameras, which can be used in our studios or taken out on location.
- Flashes, lenses, portable studio light kits, and tripods are available for loan.
Plus much more! For a full list of equipment, please get in touch!
Tim Fleming, Cinematographer; Dave Fogarty, Photographer; Sam Boal, Press Photographer; Richard Carolan, Disney Distribution; Tom Conroy, Production Designer; Nick Costello, Universal Pictures; Mark Craig, Director; Paul Daniel, Cinematographer; Dave Grennan, Cinematographer; Cara Holmes, Editor; Louise Kiely, Casting Director; Fiona Kinsella, Producer; Gary Lennon, Gambit Pictures; Andrew Lowe, Producer; Mick Mahon, Editor; Trish McAdam, Artist and Filmmaker; Niall McCann, Film Director; Esther McCarthy, Writer and Film Critic; Katie McCullagh, Cinematographer; Anna McPartlin, Writer; John Murphy, Editor; Rioghnach Ni Ghrioghair, Development Exec; David O'Callaghan, Easons Marketing; Stephen O'Connell, Editor; Mary Kate O’Flanagan, Writer; Liam O'Mochain, Filmmaker; Patrick O'Neill, Wildcard Distribution; Niall Owens, First AD; Audrey Sheils, Element Pictures; Liam Ryan, Filmmaker; Paki Smith, Production Designer; Aisling Wallace Byrne, Costume Designer; Cathal Waters, Cinematographer
Check out our final year Graduate Showcase to see what you could make during your time in Griffith College.
Our courses have an enviable reputation in the Irish photographic & Film industry and rank high with multiple award-winning students and graduates. Our students have amassed multiple awards nationally and internationally and had their work widely exhibited and published. Examples of awards include; Dublin International Film Festival, The National SMEDIAS, The Inspirational Arts Award, Alliance Française-Emerging Photographers Award and selected works, RHA and Halftone Print Fair.