Discover how Graphic Design is used to create visually striking imagery to communicate an expression of ideas and experiences using images, words , photographs, graphic elements and digital tools to a target market.
If you’re fascinated by words and pictures, bursting with ideas, and a natural problem solver then this course is for you.
Please note: this course is currently undergoing programme review/revalidation.
Why Study Graphic Communication Design at Griffith
- Achieve an honours degree in Graphic Communication Design in three years.
- Investigate up-to-the-minute tools and trends of the trade, including introductory and advanced web design
- A broad range of modules, including business and marketing aim to prepare the students for the Design industry.
- Receive a solid foundation in traditional design practices alongside modern concepts of graphic design and develop your skills and style across multiple media.
- Learn to think creatively when faced with design challenges, adapt to industry changes, and recognise key trends and the integral role of target markets and consumer culture in their design.
- Class Field Trips - Every year classes travel to current and historical places of design importance, both nationally and internationally. Previous trips have included London, Rome, Milan, Berlin, Paris, Bilbao, Barcelona, and Venice.
- Industry Links - You will be taught by practising architects, designers, buyers, and art historians. Professionals from the industry regularly give guest lectures.
Questions? Have a look at our FAQ section.
The next intake for this course will be:
- September 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers