Explore the dynamics behind application protocols, computer networking and functionality
The CCNA Exploration course explores the main application protocols and delves into their relationship with the protocols and services provided by the Transport, Internet, Data Link and Physical layers of the network.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills and does not sit on the national framework; however, it leads to a Griffith College award.
Why Study Cisco Certified Network Associate at Griffith College?
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is conducted on a part-time weekend basis over an 18-week period. This comprehensive course will encompass the basics of routing – both static and dynamic – and incorporates the configuration and implementation of various routing protocols.
- You will gain a firm understanding of key networking principles like LAN Switching, Wireless, WANs, Security, VLANS and IP Telephony.
- You will learn to design, build and configure multiple networks through simulation-based activities, using Packet Tracer.
- Experiment with different topologies and observing network traffic flow with a wide variety of equipment and features to choose from.
- You will develop a capacity for problem-solving and critical thinking while using terminology that provides an in-depth, theoretical understanding of networking concepts.
- You will receive a highly regarded qualification within the global networking industry.
- Griffith College is not an exam testing centre. Exams are separate to the course and are booked and paid separately through http://www.pearsonvue.com/
*subject to sufficient numbers.
Please see the timetable section for course dates.