Become proficient in the concepts of programming and problem solving.
This module teaches the learner how to design high-quality programs in a systematic way.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated degree programmes.
Why Study Computer Programming at Griffith College?
The Computer Programming course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over a 24-week period. This module introduces the learners to the main principles of programming with all relevant concepts and techniques explained and exemplified in the clearest, simplest language.
- You will learn to design, develop, test and debug software applications using core programming concepts.
- You will learn to precisely specify the syntax and semantics of a programming language and implement basic algorithms and data structures.
- You will learn to accurately document the design of a program on-the-fly and determine the basic efficiency of an algorithm.
- Evening class schedule allows you to balance your study with your work/life commitments.
- Option to further your studies in this area by pursuing our BSc (Hons) in Computing course.
The next intake for this course will be:
- September 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable section for course dates.