Introduce learners to the fundamental principles of tort law including Constitutional torts such as privacy.
This course will provide learners with an understanding of the general principles of negligence. it will also familiarise learners with some of the personal interests protected by the law of torts.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated programmes.
Why Study Law of Tort at Griffith College
On successful completion of this module, learners should be able to:
- Explain the nature of a tort and define the characteristics of specific torts.
- Distinguish between the different types of torts including Constitutional torts such as privacy.
- Appraise the key elements of these torts.
- Evaluate the remedies available in tort.
- Analyse factual scenarios and apply their understanding of Irish tort law to them.
The next intake for this course will be:
- November *
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see timetables section.