Griffith College’s key update
Updated: 20 May 2021, 16:05
Following recent statements from both Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science Simon Harris and An Taoiseach Micheál Martin regarding the next academic year, all four campuses of Griffith College are planning for the return of in-person lectures for the 2021/2022 academic year.
All on-campus teaching will be conducted in line with public health advice, and the College is eagerly awaiting final guidance from public health authorities, which is expected by July.
The College looks forward to welcoming new and returning learners on campus for the start of the new academic year and will provide further information during the summer months.
The underlying principles in 2021/22 are to facilitate on-campus activity, supporting learner and staff face-to-face interaction as much as possible, in line with public health guidelines. We encourage all international learners to travel to Ireland if possible to attend classes. We are optimistic that all learners will be on campus for most classes, with some learning expected to be supported through online blended learning. While on campus, subject to guidelines, we will most likely need to wear face coverings and practise social distancing and follow other control measures in place.
Finally, we would like to thank our current learners who have acted extremely responsibly by adhering to the health guidelines over 2020/2021. During this semester the College continues to welcome a small number of current learners on-campus for essential activities where social distancing, hygiene systems and other control measures are in place and are working effectively.
Please see key dates that affect the College, its learners and residents:
From the 10th of May:
- The college libraries will be open for in-person lending services, but with no access to reading spaces, study rooms or PCs.
- We will be opening up the playing pitch on the SCR campus for sports training.
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 15 people on campus permitted
From the 7th of June (Bank Holiday Monday):
- the College fitness room will re-open with numbers strictly limited and sports matches may commence on the campus pitch for staff, learners and residents.
We appreciate everyone’s continued commitment and hard work in these challenging times – the summer and our future are now looking much brighter.
For more information on this update, COVID-19 protocols and hybrid learning, please see below.
On Campus COVID-19 Protocols
Thank you for complying with our COVID-19 protocols while on campus, including:
- wearing your mask inside the buildings at all times
- wiping your desk before sitting at it and also after your lecture
- only removing your mask (if you wish to) while you maintain two-meter social distancing and are seated at your desk
- maintaining a two-metre social distance at all times outside the lecture room
Let’s all work together to stay safe!
Finally, in order to allow some learners to undertake the programme remotely, we will be recording all lectures. They will be available for review on the appropriate Moodle subject page within 24 hours.
How to prepare for hybrid learning
Griffith College will be delivering courses using a hybrid learning model where and when permitted, giving our students the option of attending classes on campus and in person – or by joining those same lectures remotely, via the Zoom classroom. You can see a video guide to Griffith Hybrid at the right.
To prepare for this new mode of learning please follow the guides and instruction on the Remote Learners page.