Griffith College’s key update
Updated: 1 July 2021, 17:05
On Tuesday 15th June, Simon Harris, Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, announced that the 2021/22 academic year would be mainly delivered on-campus. Griffith College is delighted to welcome this opportunity to return to on-campus delivery, while also retaining the option of combining it with some online delivery where doing so is most appropriate.
In preparing for the 2021/22 academic year, the following general points have already been agreed:
- The academic year will commence on Monday 20th September for all returning learners.
- The college will schedule its on-campus teaching to comply with the government’s prevailing health and safety requirements (e.g. in relation to socially distanced room capacities).
- The college’s on-campus resources, such as the library, canteen, students’ union, learning support, counselling, will be fully available to support learners.
- Programmes may incorporate additional elements on online/blended learning to support the learning experience for learners and/or to ensure compliance with government health and safety requirements.
- Programmes that were delivered in a blended /online format prior to COVID-19 will continue to be delivered in a blended/online format.
Over the coming weeks, the college’s faculties will provide you with more detailed teaching and learning plans for the next academic year.
On Campus COVID-19 Protocols
Thank you for complying with our COVID-19 protocols while on campus, including:
- wearing your mask inside the buildings at all times
- wiping your desk before sitting at it and also after your lecture
- only removing your mask (if you wish to) while you maintain two-meter social distancing and are seated at your desk
- maintaining a two-metre social distance at all times outside the lecture room
Let’s all work together to stay safe!
Finally, in order to allow some learners to undertake the programme remotely, we will be recording all lectures. They will be available for review on the appropriate Moodle subject page within 24 hours.
How to prepare for hybrid learning
Griffith College will be delivering courses using a hybrid learning model where and when permitted, giving our students the option of attending classes on campus and in person – or by joining those same lectures remotely, via the Zoom classroom. You can see a video guide to Griffith Hybrid at the right.
To prepare for this new mode of learning please follow the guides and instruction on the Remote Learners page.