Griffith College’s key update
Updated: 24 February 2021, 17:27
An Taoiseach, Micheál Martin, has announced that Ireland will retain the highest level of COVID-19 restrictions until at least Monday 5th of April. As Ireland remains in Level 5 COVID-19 restrictions, to keep everyone safe, the College will be following government requirements for higher education by continuing to deliver the vast majority of teaching online. Teaching schedules will not be altered with classes taking place at the same time as previously scheduled.
The College has the following plans in place for semester two and will actively engage with learners should there be any changes to programme delivery.
- The current “level 5 plus” measures are in place until Monday 5th April 2021. Very limited and pre-agreed teaching will take place on campus, with the vast majority of teaching online.
- Level 5 & 4 will allow for a return to the measures we had in November 2020, with practical classes in the Design and Media Faculties and other limited and pre-agreed teaching taking place on-campus. The remainder of teaching will continue online. Your Head of Faculty will provide further guidance and clarification.
- Level 3 will allow for all programmes to be delivered in a hybrid/dual-delivery mode. In-person teaching to learners in all faculties may resume. Lecturers will deliver their online and hybrid lectures from their lecture rooms (i.e., not off-campus), as per the planned faculty timetable.
For more information on this update, COVID-19 protocols and hybrid learning, please see below.
On Campus COVID-19 Protocols
Thank you for complying with our COVID-19 protocols while on campus, including:
- wearing your mask inside the buildings at all times
- wiping your desk before sitting at it and also after your lecture
- only removing your mask (if you wish to) while you maintain two-meter social distancing and are seated at your desk
- maintaining a two-metre social distance at all times outside the lecture room
Let’s all work together to stay safe!
Finally, in order to allow some learners to undertake the programme remotely, we will be recording all lectures. They will be available for review on the appropriate Moodle subject page within 24 hours.
How to prepare for hybrid learning
Griffith College will be delivering courses using a hybrid learning model where and when permitted, giving our students the option of attending classes on campus and in person – or by joining those same lectures remotely, via the Zoom classroom. You can see a video guide to Griffith Hybrid at the right.
To prepare for this new mode of learning please follow the guides and instruction on the Remote Learners page.