Griffith College - Congratulates its Learners
Summer Update: 29th May 16:07
Griffith College wishes to thank all our learners for the huge support, flexibility and commitment shown during these recent extraordinary weeks. Congratulations on completing the semester and wishing you an enjoyable summer.
Details of the college’s summer arrangements and plans for 2020/21 are given below.
- End of semester results will be released on Wednesday, July 1st
REPEAT ASSESSMENTS AND/OR EXAMINATIONS
- Faculties will be in contact with learners in relation to deferred or repeat assessments
- Repeat examinations will be held in August (schedule to be released shortly by the faculties)
- Repeat examinations will follow the same format as the May 2020 examinations and will be held online
ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/21
- For returning learners the academic year 2020/21 is scheduled to start on September 21st. It will follow the same format as before with 12 teaching weeks and a reading week in November
- The schedule for new entrants to first year full-time programmes awaits further information from the CAO and the Department of Education
- The schedule for other new entrants (e.g. postgraduate, undergraduate part-time, blended) starts on September 21st
PROGRAMME DELIVERY IN 2020/21
For programmes that previously used on-campus face-to-face delivery
- The college intends to deliver as much of the teaching, learning and assessment experience as possible using on-campus face-to-face delivery, subject to prevailing government health and safety advice
- The college’s programmes will be supported with online capture, recording and engagement to facilitate all learners
- The college is investing significantly in additional on-campus and online resources to further enhance programme delivery and overall learner experience in 2020/21
For learners who have completed their awards
- The college is proposing that its graduation ceremonies will take place in November in line with previously agreed schedule
- The precise format of the graduation ceremonies will be determined at a later date following consideration of the likely prevailing health and safety advice, and the experience learnt from other colleges and universities nationally and internationally.