Study Abroad Checklist
- While packing for your time abroad, make sure to remember that the climate in Ireland may be different than in your country.
- It is best to pack versatile and interchangeable clothing that can be worn in any season.
- Walking is the most common form of transportation in Dublin, so make sure to pack comfortable shoes.
- Many toiletry items can be found in Ireland, but it may be a good idea to pack your favourite brands.
- Please make sure to check with your airline on the luggage restrictions regarding weight/size.
- Bring chargers for all your electronic devices
- Voltage convertor & Plug Adapter (Be sure it is the correct device for Ireland, so that you will not blow up any of your appliances)
- Luggage Locks
- Local Currency (Ireland’s currency is the Euro)
- If staying with a host family, it is a good idea to bring a small gift upon arrival.
- Travel guides
- Journal (Documenting your experiences allows you to look back at your adventures in the future)
- Bring something to remind you of home (pictures, flag of your country, etc.)
Packing Important Documents
- Make sure to have photocopies of all important documents (Passports, Visas, Student ID, Credit/Debit card, European Health Insurance card, plane tickets, etc.)
- Record all important phone numbers and addresses in case of an emergency.
Day of Departure
- Check with your airline for any changes in flight times.
- Bring a spare change of clothes
- Pack essential personal items (toiletries, medication, etc.)
- Make sure to have photocopies of all personal documents in case of an emergency.
- Have a record of your local address abroad and contact information.
- Have a great time abroad in Ireland and make sure to experience life to the fullest. Take lots of pictures and record your adventures so that you will have these memories forever.