IT Training Resources
To view the training videos below you are required to have a lynda.com account. As a Griffith College staff member or student you can avail of lynda.com for free. To get set up with an account please contact IT Services by email: [email protected].
What is phishing?
Phishing refers to a form of fraud that attempts to acquire sensitive information. These scams are email messages that ask you to send or "confirm" sensitive information like your login ID and passphrase, bank or credit account numbers, and PINs. They often threaten to close your account. These scams sometimes ask the reader to visit a website to provide this information. The messages often appear to come from an organization you trust.
How can I prevent my computing account from being compromised?
- DO NOT respond to phishing scams in any way. It's that simple. Just don't answer. Don't click on links in the message. Delete the message immediately.
- Be suspicious of messages requesting personal or account information.
- Be suspicious of messages threatening to close or suspend your account if you don't respond with the information they want.
- Check the authenticity of email messages by calling a company phone number known to be genuine.
Why doesn't my email just block phishing scams like spam?
We employ multiple layers of the latest and best anti-spam, anti-virus, and anti-phishing technology available. Unfortunately, these systems cannot block all malicious email.
Microsoft Safety and Security Centre – How to recognise phishing email messages, links, or phone calls
- Introduction to Scholar:
- Scholar Transcripts:
- Scholar – Printing out transcripts of results:
- Scholar – Printing transcripts by student number
- Scholar – Printing attendance sheets:
- Scholar – Adding lecturers to their subjects:
- Scholar – attendance query:
- Scholar – Component marking sheet:
- Scholar – Posting payments:
- Scholar – Running Batch Reports:
- Adding lecturers, PDs, year heads & HOFs information: