10th ICEP Conference
Call for papers for the 10th ICEP Conference to be held at Griffith College this December
The Organising Committee of the International Conference on Engaging Pedagogy would like to announce the call for papers for the 10th ICEP Conference to be held at Griffith College on December 15th 2017. The theme for this year’s conference is Voice of the Educator. Submissions relevant to the theme are encouraged as well as papers related to other areas of interest to the ICEP audience, including, but not limited to:
- Contemplative pedagogy
- Learning spaces
- Universal design for learning and inclusive practices
- Assessment of, for and as learning
- Professional development framework for those who teach in HE
Emotional Intelligent Colleges and Universities
Accepted papers will be presented on Friday, December 15, 2017.
Papers are invited to be submitted in one of the following three tracks:
- Research papers – 10 pages including literature review and methodology
- Discussion papers – 10 pages including literature review
- Extended abstracts – 2-3 pages in extended abstract format (These papers can take multiple forms, not limited to case studies, discussions, reviews of particular contemplative practices, ideas for future projects, etc.)
Past papers are available at www.icep.ie. The deadline for submissions is Monday, October 9th, 2017. Extended abstracts should follow the same template, but be 2-3 pages.
All submissions should be anonymised. Papers will be double-blind reviewed by the ICEP programme committee. Camera-ready papers of accepted submissions will be required before the conference date.
ICEP is an annual event that brings together researchers and practitioners in the field of third-level teaching in order to discuss means and methods of improving student engagement. The conference format includes standard paper presentations intermingled with workshops and panel discussions. 2017 is the tenth year of the ICEP Conference series, with the continuing aim of further discussion and collaboration amongst researchers and practitioners in third level teaching and learning. The conference series is themed around one central principle – how can we as educators make education more engaging for our students?
The first ICEP Conference was in 2008 and has since taken place at Griffith College, Maynooth University, University College Dublin, the National College of Ireland, the Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown, the Institute of Technology Sligo, the Athlone Institute of Technology, and the College of Computing Technology. The 2017 Conference is being hosted by Griffith College.
- Submissions Due: Monday, October 9th, 2017
- ICEP 2017: Friday, December 15th, 2017
For queries, please email email@example.com