Griffith College and Donore Credit Union launch the Brendan Lynch Scholarship for a fourth year
Every year, a student enrolled in a course at Griffith College Dublin is chosen as a recipient of the scholarship to the value of €3,000
Monday, September 6, 2021
Brendan Lynch Scholarship
The Brendan Lynch Scholarship is a partnership between Donore Credit Union and Griffith College Dublin. The scholarship has proven very popular with students over the past three years, which has led to the Credit Union and college launching it for a fourth year.
Griffith College is delighted to announce the opening of applications for the scholarship in honour of the long term stalwart of Ireland's first Credit Union. In order to be eligible, applicants’ must:
1. Be enrolled in a course at Griffith College Dublin, either a returning or an incoming student
2. Be/become a member of Donore Credit Union
3. Have a permanent address in the Republic of Ireland and a valid PPS number
How to Apply
Those who are interested in applying for the scholarship must complete the online application form before 31st October 2021, 11pm (IST). The application must include a short personal blog entry (400-800 words) answering the following questions:
1. What made you choose the course you are studying at Griffith College and how would this scholarship help you pursue a degree?
2. In your own words, how would you describe your understanding of a Credit Union and its impact on the local community?
It is recommended that applicants write their entry in Word or a similar platform and then copy and paste it into the online form.
How to Become a Member of Donore Credit Union
To become a member of Donore Credit Union you must provide:
- Photographic Proof of Identity (Passport or Drivers Licence)
- Proof of address dated within the last 3 months (a recent bill or bank statement)
- PPS number
- You will need a €10 lodgement to activate your account and a €1 joining fee
You can complete an online membership form or become a member in-person by bringing your documents to Donore Credit Union, Rutledge Terrace, Dublin 8.
Timeline of Events
The closing date for applications is Sunday 31st October 2021 at 11:00pm (IST). If you cannot submit your application through the website, please email it to [email protected] and include your contact details.
All qualifying applications will be read by a panel and the recipient will be selected based on the information provided in the blog entry
The winner will be announced in late November 2021.
For further information, please visit the Donore Credit Union website or contact [email protected] or Sarah Edmondson in Griffith College Dublin.
Learn more about previous scholarship winners