Managing and maintaining network and information security is an essential aspect for the development of the global economy and is crucial to the success of all companies, particularly in the current climate.
Managing and maintaining network security poses a huge challenge for businesses today and is forcing them to look for next-generation security solutions to contain cyber threats, with the result that there has been a 40% increase in cybersecurity vacancies over the past two years. Security is perceived as one of the key challenges of mobility, with a higher number of devices and connected endpoints increasing organisations' exposure to cyberthreats.
This postgraduate diploma prepares students with computing backgrounds for employment in the IT industry with a specific focus on addressing these networking and information security challenges.
Why Study Network and Information Security at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Postgraduate Diploma in Network and Information Security at Griffith College is a fully-funded* one-year programme, delivered part-time over three semesters, which aims to enable students to develop robust and efficient network security plans, strategies and solutions. During the course, you will:
- All classes are available online with the opportunity of some face-to-face weekend workshops (pending social distancing restrictions).
- Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in network security.
- Establish an analytical mindset necessary for independent academic and professional research.
- Gain a practical understanding of how to identify industrial requirements of computer network security and analyse security risks.
- Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
- Build upon your knowledge of supporting topics in the area of network and information security.
- Delivered from Limerick but available to applicants nationwide.
- Delivered part-time over 12 months
- Small class sizes
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities
- A dedicated experienced lecturing Team
- Industry guest speakers
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers.