Why Study Fashion Design at Griffith College?
Our BA in Fashion Design is a three-year level 7 degree course available on a full-time basis. The course will immerse you in the fashion industry and prepare you for any role that requires a creative flair and business knowledge.
- Through our Fashion Design and Garment Construction modules, students develop practical skills and explore a personal design direction.
- Our syllabus offers training in the most up to date dynamic design communication software complemented with brand and marketing knowledge.
- Students create a fashion collection, exploring their personal design direction from idea generation, design development and pattern creation through to garment construction using contemporary production techniques.
- Our programme reflects the changes taking place in the fashion industry, recognising that traditional manufacturing bases have been relocated to low-cost economics.
- Students learn to think creatively when faced with design challenges, adapt to industry changes and develop the key skills required to liaise with offshore production facilities.
- Develop professional practice skills from modules in brand and marketing, business, and entrepreneurship
- Our graduates are prepared for employment as fashion designers liaising with offshore production facilities, buyers, trend forecasters, visual merchandisers, or any other role that requires the application of creative design supported by technical and business knowledge.
- 100% continuous assessment means learners do not need to sit written exams.
- The calibre of our fashion graduates' work has been recognised through numerous industry awards and exhibitions.
- Our Design Faculty graduates work showcases during our annual Creative Week
- Our graduates have strong brand communication and entrepreneurial skills, their collections can be found at Brown Thomas Create, Havana Boutique, Marion Cuddy, Om Diva and at the Design House.
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps plan, which gives you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
- Create a dynamic fashion collection
- Develop digital fashion design and visual communication skills
- Establish brand, marketing and entrepreneurial skills
- Expert lecturers create a dynamic learning environment
- Live industry projects
- Fashion graduate exhibition with industry internship awards
During the course you’ll be taught by practicing designers, garment technologists, buyers, art historians, photographers, journalist, business and craft practitioners, ensuring that the faculty maintains strong industry links.
Fashion Internships and Careers
Year on year Griffith College has awarded students and graduates internships in fashion companies both in Ireland and abroad. Graduates of our Fashion Degree have gone on to work at Avoca, Caroline Kilkenny, CVUK London, Ella Boo, Ellis Bridal, Emmett Equestrian, Esquire Footwear, Filmbase, Gareth Pugh, GW Global Trading, Heatons, Helen Mcalinden, Home Studios London, Hybrid Fashion, Joanne Hynes Design, Kathy De Stafford, Louboutin, Louis Copeland, Louis Vuitton, Mariana Jungmann, Mirjam Rouden, Native Clothing Designs, Nicole Farhi, Percival, Primark Stores, Reiss, Rick Owens, Simone Rocha, Soho Apparel, Styletex and Vivienne Westwood.
Questions? Have a look at our FAQ section.
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC495