Why Study Interior Design at Griffith College?
The BA in Interior Design is a three-year level 7 degree course that can be taken as either a full-time or an evening access programme. All candidates for the evening access programme should be 23 years or older. This course takes the student from initiation through to successful completion to produce an Interior Design graduate who can create, design, problem solve and act professionally in all related working environments. Successful Interior Design graduates are industry ready, and creatively and technically proficient to propose innovative solutions and problem-solving expertise within the built environment.
Like the honours degree, this Interior Design programme has been created with consultation from industry professionals and is staffed by practising Designers and Architects and subject specialists. Amended in 2013 to current best practice within the industry and approved by QQI, the programme now includes Revit, AutoCAD 3-D, AutoCAD, as well as traditional communication tools such as model making and free-hand drawing.
- Develop skills in a broad range of design disciplines including creativity in design; competence in communication in a variety of media; an ability to draw; technical understanding; and organisation
- You will receive training from teaching staff with strong industry links, including practising architects, designers, and art historians.
- Experiential learning is an important part of the course with class trips abroad now a big part of the curriculum.
- The calibre of work produced by the Design Faculty has been recognised numerous times through industry awards and exhibitions.
- Gain extensive experience in creating, analysing and interpreting project briefs, skills which will enable graduates to problem-solve complex design issues and work independently and in groups to find solutions.
- Develop advanced skills in space planning; design detailing, materials selection and specification
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps plan, which gives you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
- This programme is validated by the European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA) and the Institute of Designers in Ireland (IDI).
- 100% continuous assessment means learners do not need to sit written exams.
Griffith Creative Show 2022
If you would like to attend the 2022 Graduate Showcase, it will be launching on June 9th - more info is available here.
- Industry standard software (Adobe, Revit, AutoCAD)
- 100% Continuous Assessment course work – no exams
- Offered both full-time and part-time
- Taught by practicing Designers and Architects
- Commercial Interior Design focus
Questions? Have a look at our FAQ section.
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC490
What our students say
"I achieved a distinction in my degree and also received Griffith College’s Best Academic Achievement Award in 2014. These results and the encouragement I received from my tutors gave me the extra edge when applying for jobs. I soon found myself working as an interior designer at Henry J Lyons Architects."
"I chose to go to Griffith College from Blackrock College of Further Education to improve my technical abilities, and the reputation of the college is what drew me in. I loved the course because of the helpful teachers and the job opportunities I saw at the end of the course."