This QQI-accredited certificate is a one-year part-time programme providing key knowledge, skills and competencies in the area of Industrial Manufacturing and Maintenance-related subjects.
The modern manufacturing technician is required to be competent in a broad range of cross-functional technical skills (Electrical/HVAC/Refrigeration) and soft skills (Communication). There is a significant demand in industry for such multi-skilled technicians.
These technicians are working in highly regulated industries including, but not limited to, pharmaceutical, life sciences, MedTech, and food and drink manufacturing and should therefore be familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Quality Regulations.
Why study Industrial Manufacturing and Maintenance Skills at Griffith College?
The QQI Level 6 Certificate in Industrial Manufacturing and Maintenance Skills is available on a part-time basis and aims to enable the modern technician to be industry-ready and relevant.
- Learners are introduced to a broad range of technical and soft skills to support their working in industry or enhance employment opportunities.
- Graduates will be able to work both autonomously and cross-functionally across departments within the industry.
- The practical nature of the coursework lends to preparation for work in industry.
- Part-time learning allows students already working in the area extra time to hone skills.
- This programme may also facilitate learners’ applications for progression to third-level programmes in engineering programmes within third-level colleges.
- Graduates will be equipped with a hybrid of technical and soft skills.
- There is a core message of safety throughout the programme.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues in the workplace.
- An emphasis that quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Real benefits to employers in improving efficiency, effectiveness and productivity of systems while applying ethical, safe, and sustainable improvements.
Next intake to be confirmed soon.