An accredited QQI Level 9 postgraduate award to help you grow in the pharmaceutical industry
This modular course, awarding a Level 9 certificate, aims to introduce learners to the quality systems and the regulatory framework that assures the quality, safety, and efficacy of medicinal products in the pharmaceutical industry.
Why Study Quality and Regulatory Practice at Griffith College?
This certificate will provide students with an enhanced understanding of quality and regulatory practice, with solid grounding in a variety of subjects.
- Enables learners to understand the regulatory framework that underpins biopharmaceutical product development from discovery through pre-clinical research, clinical trials, registration and release in a manufacturing setting.
- Focuses on pharmaceutical quality, quality improvement and risk management practices in Pharmaceutical manufacturing (GMP) and supply, for HPRA, EMA and FDA.
- Enables learners to gain a valuable qualification credential in 12 weeks, for the pharma marketplace.
- Fully QQI-accredited course with an award of 5 credits at Level 9.
- All assessment is assignment-based.
Why work in the Pharma industry in Ireland?
- All of the world’s Top 10 pharmaceutical companies have substantial operations in Ireland.
- There are over 30,000 people working in the biopharma industry in Ireland today, with the same number of jobs supported indirectly. (Collins McNicholas’, Biopharma Report 2020).
- In 2019, Ireland’s largest category of exports was medical and pharmaceutical products, 30% of total exports, an increase of 7% on 2018 to a figure of €49,655 million. (CSO statistical release, 14 February 2020).
- Ireland is the 3rd largest exporter of pharmaceuticals globally. (IDA, Biopharmaceutical Industry in Ireland, 2020).
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
- February 2022*
- September 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
The MSc in International Pharmaceutical Business Management course covered several modules related to current pharma industry and international pharmaceutical business. The lecturers are very friendly and supportive and the college has a very peaceful atmosphere to study. Upon completing the course, I secured a job in a pharmaceutical company. I feel the course prepared me well for developing my career.