This course has strong links with the tourism and hospitality industries and an agile design in order to meet the professional needs of both learners and businesses.
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management (International Tourism and Hospitality Management) addresses a specific need for professionals working within the hospitality and tourism sectors to develop essential marketing, project management and entrepreneurial skills.
The programme is designed for both industry professionals looking to upskill and professionals interested in a career in tourism and hospitality management. It will help students develop the sector-specific knowledge and competencies which are vital to career advancement.
Our Postgraduate Diploma is tailored for professionals, introducing and exploring advanced industry insights and concepts, coupled with practices relating to the hospitality management sector. When combined with our highly-practical real-world teaching approach, learners gain considerable insights into the operation and management of contemporary and cutting-edge technologies, contemporary business practices, emerging trends and international industry developments.
Why study International Tourism and Hospitality Management with Griffith College?
Our Postgraduate Diploma in International Tourism and Hospitality Management is available on a part-time basis over a one-year period and equips students with the specialist skills required for successful careers in the tourism and hospitality fields across a broad range of industries. In this course, you will:
- Enjoy a flexible study model, with part-time evening and weekend lectures, delivered in a blend of online and in-person learning (pending social distancing regulations).
- Learners benefit from a responsive and personalised learning experience, with 1-1 support video tutorials, academic skills classes, free-specialised workshops, contemporary assessments and detailed feedback on all coursework.
- All classes available online and recorded for your convenience; weekend workshops agreed with learners for maximum convenience.
- Boost your salary; a Higher Education Authority survey found that employers favour applicants with postgraduate qualifications; 43% of taught postgrads earn between €35,000-79,999, with less than a quarter of undergrads with the same earning power.
- Develop transferable skills in critical analysis, project management, hospitality workflow processes and lean business practices.
- Unique to Griffith College, we help you develop the skills to grow into an agile and dynamic manager, with our responsive and industry-specific ‘Management for Managers’ model.
- The programme is fully industry orientated and addresses real-world issues such as; agile business models, business transformation, revenue and value streams, marketing and brand management, financial operations and cashflow, employment and hospitality law.
- Delivered from Limerick but available to applicants nationwide.
The next intake for this course will be:
- February 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
The quality of the modules taught reflects the vast knowledge of the lecturers from industry experience and academic research. Even when we were required to adopt blended learning in the middle of the academic year, the lecturers were still very approachable, and all these have become a memorable learning experience that will last a lifetime!