Certificate in Professional Practice
Are you an arts education teacher who wants to improve your professional practice and skills?
Our Professional Practice Certificate course covers the business, child protection, and health & safety aspects of arts education, an area often overlooked when training.
Why Study a Certificate in Professional Practice?
Our certificate in Professional Practice can help you to:
- Understand the legal and ethical obligations of working with children and young people, and how to protect them effectively.
- Learn how to create a safe and healthy environment for learning, and how to prevent and manage risks and hazards.
- Develop your business acumen and entrepreneurial mindset, and learn how to plan, manage, and evaluate your arts education business
- Provides a pathway for the progression to the Higher Diploma in Arts in Drama Education.
- These certs will allow learners to upskill in their field.
- Dublin - Blended - December 2023
Professional Practice (5 ects)
Professional Practice is structured to enable learners to implement codes of best practice in relation to safeguarding children, and health & safety; it also provides learners with a practical framework for managing the administrative, business, and financial aspects of running a drama or performing arts school or practice.
Learners will engage in a range of practical activities that are integral in the safe and successful running of a creative Arts business. Learners also engage in reflective practice and writing through the Process Folio an Integrated Programme Assessment piece (IPA).
(1 Saturday (campus), 1 Sunday (Campus) & 4 Thursday Evenings - online)
How to Apply
Applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. They will need to submit a CV outlining relevant experience in the area and a short personal statement outlining why they see themselves as a suitable applicant.
All applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
Tuition Fee: €372.50
Acad. Admin. Fee: €250.00
These certificates will provide learners with exemptions from the full Higher Diploma in Arts in Drama Education. These certs will allow learners to upskill in their field.