AutoCAD 2D Advanced
Master the art of 2D Drawing and the fundamentals of computer aided design (CAD) systems.
This advanced professional certificate course is validated by City and Guilds and covers a wide range of AutoCAD 2D drawing and editing commands and routines to aid the application and modification of the CAD software.
This course is validated by City & Guilds.
Why Study AutoCAD 2D Advanced at Griffith College?
The AutoCAD 2D Advanced course runs on a part-time basis in the evenings over a 12-week period. CAD is used at all stages of the design process, from conceptualisation and production of working drawings to the production of virtual reality images and has become an essential part of the modern working environment.
- City and Guilds AutoCAD courses are widely accepted in industry as the most recognised qualification in CAD.
- Course covers a wide range of 2D drawings, editing commands and routines to aid the application of AutoCAD.
- Students will learn the necessary techniques to produce and edit drawings of medium complexity and prepare drawings from output to hard copy.
- Provides a perfect foundation for participants who wish to progress in the workplace.
- Option to further your studies by progressing onto the Certificate in AutoCAD 3D Advanced course.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
- October 2023*
- February 2024*
*subject to sufficient numbers
AutoCAD 2D Advanced
- Use a layering system and different line type styles
- Define and use a system for grouping objects to form blocks or libraries
- Produce isometric drawings within the 2D environment
- Define and use an adjustable co-ordinate system based on user requirements
- Use complex dimensioning routines
- Use different drawing spaces and complex multi-viewing areas
- Produce hard copies of drawings
- Make inquiries of an existing drawing and place reference points
- Use a means of pre-command object selection in order to carry out editing processes
- Change the properties of a number of drawn entities
- Edit blocks/symbols and hatched areas
- Modify continuous lines formed by a connected sequence of lines or arcs
- Use a method to remove unused items and rename other items logically.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course is scheduled to commence on Saturday, 15th October 2023 at Griffith College Dublin Main Campus, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
This part-time course will run one morning per week from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm, over 12 weeks, course dates outlined below.
- Oct: 14, 21
- Nov: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Dec: 02, 09, 16
- Jan: 06, 13, 20
Contact [email protected] for further information.
How to Apply
All applicants must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & File Management and have previous AutoCAD experience.
Proficient in the use of MS Applications & File Management.
This course is delivered through AutoCAD for Windows. Learners are advised that they will need access to either a PC or a laptop with a Microsoft Windows operating system on which they can install a student copy of AutoCAD which will be made available to all participants of the course.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Short Courses Department
Applicants under 23 years of age:
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
5 Ordinary Level D3s, subjects to include a language (English, Irish or another language) or equivalent exam taken.
New Leaving Cert
5 O6/H7 grades, subjects to include a language (English, Irish or another language).
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Fee: EUR 990.00