Business Management (Taster Course)
Learn all the key concepts and functions of business management
This highly specialised module will provide students with a clear understanding of the concepts and management functions of all businesses.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated degree programmes.
Why Study Business Management at Griffith College?
The is one single module from the BA (Hons) in Business and is conducted on a part-time basis in the evenings over a 12-week period. In addition to providing the theory and functionality behind business management, the course also aims to examine the environmental factors that influence management decisions.
- Course covers the broad range of principles and techniques within the sphere of Business Management.
- You will gain a greater understanding of how to influence key management decisions
- You will develop the practical skills necessary to successfully manage teams of people
- Provides a perfect foundation for participants who wish to progress in the workplace.
- Option to further your studies in the area of Business Management, with progression to Griffith’s Diploma in Business Management or the BA (Hons) in Business Level 8 course.
The next intake for this course will be:
See timetable for course dates.
- Early management thought
- Classical approaches to management
- Contemporary approaches to management
- Management levels
- Effective Management
- Management roles
- Management and Leadership
- The importance of planning
- Types of plans
- The planning process
- Organisation structure
- Organisation design
- Pay and Benefits
- The nature and importance of control
- Setting performance standards
- Effective control
- The Macro Environment
- The Task Environment
- Competitive Analysis
- Managing the External Environment
- Values and ethics
- Business Ethics
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course is scheduled to commence on Wednesday the 20th September 2023.
Contact [email protected] for further information.
This part-time evening course will run one evening per week (Wednesday) over 12 weeks.
- Sep: 20, 27
- Oct: 04, 11, 18, 25
- Nov: 01, 15, 22, 29
- Dec: 06, 13
How to Apply
If English is not your native language, you must show that your English level is of a suitable standard. For further information please contact a member of the Admissions Team.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Short Courses Department
Applicants under 23 years of age:
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
Two Honours Level, Grade C3s or above and four Ordinary Level D3s (subjects to include Maths and a language, English, Irish or another language) or equivalent exam taken.
New Leaving Cert
2 H5 and 4 O6/H7 grades, to include Maths and a language (English, Irish or another language).
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Fee: EUR 685.00
What further study can I do?
Further to completion of the Business Management module, learners are recommended to continue their studies at Griffith College by applying for our Diploma in Business Management or BA (Hons) in Business Studies.
What career paths could I have?
Upon completion, this programme is the perfect foundation for participants who wish to progress in the workplace.