Certificate in Web Design & Development
Develop the skills to build a robust and structured web-site using HTML, Dreamweaver and Photoshop
The course takes users from building basic websites - working with text, paragraphs and tables - to build a multi-frame layout.
This course is validated by The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). This course focuses on the development of professional skills and does not sit on the national framework.
Why Study Web Design & Development at Griffith College
The Certificate in Web Design & Development is conducted on a part-time basis over a 10-week period. This course is for any individuals wishing to develop a web-site including, professional designers familiar with Desktop Publishing or Graphics software needing to get to grips with this powerful web design tool.
- You will learn to build a multi-frame layout using style sheets and introduces layers, templates and libraries.
- You will master innovative software tools crucial for web design including HTML, CSS, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- You will gain an awareness of web publishing best practices including SEO and meta data.
- Validated by a leading commercial and business developmental body in the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM).
- Option to further your studies in this area by pursuing the Diploma in Dynamic Web Applications Development course.
We run two intakes for this course, commencing as follows:
- Autumn: October*
- Spring: February*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable section for the next course dates.
- Introduction to the Web Design
- Web Development Tools & Web Design Concepts
- Responsive Design
- Designing Web Page mockups/wireframe with Photoshop
- Designing Web Page Introduction to Dreamweaver
- Introduction to HTML & CSS
- Testing and Validation
- SEO & Publishing a Site
- Brief Introduction to Other Technologies
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
Certificate in Web Design & Development Course Timetable
This course is scheduled to commence on Thursday, 26th October 2023 at Griffith College Dublin Main Campus, South Circular Road.
This part-time evening course will run one evening per week from 6.30 pm - 9.00 pm over 10 weeks, course dates outlined below.
Nov: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
Dec: 07, 14
Jan: 11, 18
Contact email@example.com for further information.
How to Apply
Proficient in the use of MAC/MS Applications.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Short Courses Department
Applicants under 23 years of age:
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
5 Ordinary Level D3s (subjects to include a language, English, Irish or another language) or equivalent exam taken.
New Leaving Cert
5 O6/H7 grades, to include a language (English, Irish or another language).
Applicants over 23 years of age (Mature students):
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Fee: EUR 890.00
Flexible Payment Options
Students wishing to avail of an instalment plan should contact [email protected]
Is your company paying for your course?
They will need to complete a Griffith College Sponsorship Form and send this to [email protected]
What further study can I do?
Graduates of the Certificate in Web Design & Development may elect to pursue further studies in this area by pursuing the Diploma in Dynamic Web Applications Development course.
What career paths could I have?
Graduates of the Certificate in Web Design & Development will be well positioned to progress in the workplace or set up their own eCommerce websites.