Company Law (Taster Course from DLSP)
Learn about the law relating to partnerships and limited liability companies
Gain an understanding of key legal principles including the formation of a limited liability company, corporate governance and liquidation.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated programmes.
Why Study Company Law at Griffith College?
The Company Law from DLSP course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over an 8-week period. This course is for any individuals wishing to specialise in company law.
- You will learn to apply company law theory to different factual situations.
- You will detail the law concerning the formation of a limited liability company, company partnerships, the doctrine of ultra vires, and corporate borrowing.
- You will gain an understanding of the role of directors in the area of corporate governance and the role played by liquidators, examiners and receivers in the procedure for the voluntary and involuntary winding up of companies.
- You will become acquainted with the practice and procedure applicable to debt collection and develop the ability to draft the documents necessary for the recovery of debts.
- Option to further your studies in this area by pursuing our Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice course.
We run one intake for this course, commencing as follows:
- Spring: March*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable for course dates.
- Forms of Business Organisation
- Partnership Law
- Formation of a Company
- Corporate Borrowing
- Winding up
- Practice and Procedure
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
March 2024 - Dates to be confirmed
Please contact [email protected] to request a timetable
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the Introduction to the Irish Legal System course.
If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Under 23 Years
Old Leaving Cert (Pre 2017)
Min. 5 OD3's in the Irish Leaving Certificate or equivalent award and 1 year’s legal experience.
New Leaving Cert:
Min. 5 O6/H7's in the Irish Leaving Certificate or equivalent award and 1 year’s legal experience.
If English is not your native language, you must show that your English level is of a suitable standard. For further information please contact a member of the Admissions Team.
Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. Please see here for further details.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College Professional Academy
Please note that not all study modes may be offered at all times; for confirmation, refer to the Intake dates on the Overview tab.
Study Mode: Part-Time
Fee: EUR 475.00
What further study can I do?
Graduates of the Company Law from DLSP course may progress onto our Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice course.