Learn about the law relating to partnerships and limited liability companies
Gain an understanding of key legal principles including the formation of a limited liability company, corporate governance and liquidation.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated programmes.
Why Study Company Law at Griffith College?
The Company Law from DLSP course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over an 8-week period. This course is for any individuals wishing to specialise in company law.
- You will learn to apply company law theory to different factual situations.
- You will detail the law concerning the formation of a limited liability company, company partnerships, the doctrine of ultra vires, and corporate borrowing.
- You will gain an understanding of the role of directors in the area of corporate governance and the role played by liquidators, examiners and receivers in the procedure for the voluntary and involuntary winding up of companies.
- You will become acquainted with the practice and procedure applicable to debt collection and develop the ability to draft the documents necessary for the recovery of debts.
- Option to further your studies in this area by pursuing our Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice course.
- April 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
See timetable for course dates.