The Diploma in Legal Studies & Practice prepares learners for a legal career through the study of 12 core legal modules.
This Diploma Legal Studies and Practice (Level 7 QQI Special Purpose Award) allows students to complete the programme over one or two academic years on a part-time basis, attending lectures either on-campus or online.
The course is validated by QQI and recognised by the Irish Institute of Legal Executives (IILEx).
Why Study Legal Studies and Practice at Griffith College?
The Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice course has been designed with input from past graduates, members of our legal academic team, employers in legal practice and from the Irish Institute of Legal Executives (IILEx). It is also the only programme of study in Ireland that is endorsed by IILEx.
Assessment varies from module to module and includes a combination of assignments, examinations, workshops and continuous assessment.
- Graduates of this programme will be awarded a Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice, validated by QQI and recognised by IILEx.
- Students will gain experience in legal practice, preparing them for a career as a legal executive.
- Learners will acquire highly transferable skills attractive to a wide range of businesses outside law.
- All of our lecturers are experienced legal professionals with many years’ experience in the legal sector.
- Students are eligible to become Student Members of IILEx.
- Graduates of the Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice can apply for direct entry to year two of Griffith College’s LL.B. (Hons) law degree programme.
- QQI Level 7 Special Purpose Diploma
- Recognised by Irish Institute of Legal Executives (IILEx)
- Flexible Study Options - Block Release
- Part-time Programme
- Completed over 1 or 2 years
- Extracurricular Law-related Activities
- Academic and Practical Modules
The next intake for this course will be:
- September 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
"When I enrolled in the DLSP course I was working as a Legal Secretary. I had the perception that the course would just refresh what I already knew however I was surprised to see how in-depth it went. I really enjoyed taking part in the practical workshops, they boosted my confidence when speaking with others which is a very important skill to have when pursuing a legal career. I am honoured to have received the 2021 Best Academic Achievement Award for the DLSP. I am now working as a Legal Executive and I am delighted I completed my studies at Griffith College."
"The Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice I completed at Griffith College Dublin was instrumental in helping me discover that I wanted to become a solicitor. The course taught me not only the theory, and laws within the Irish legal system, but it also gave me a practical understanding of the law. I feel like the DLSP was an incredible experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to become not only a legal executive, but also any future legal professional in the making."