Why Study Law at Griffith College?
Students will study core subjects and pick electives allowing them to tailor their degree to focus on key areas of interest including criminal law, human rights law or corporate law.
- Graduates of this programme can go forward to sit the entrance examinations for the Honorable Society of King's Inns or The Law Society of Ireland should they wish to pursue a career as a barrister or solicitor.
- Students will acquire highly transferable skills attractive to a wide range of businesses, both inside and outside of law, including banking, the civil service, media and other related disciplines.
- Students can avail of individual career advice with work placement opportunities.
- Students may also participate in our law-related extracurricular student activities, such as the Irish Innocence Project, and join our award-winning students in the Mooting and Debating Societies.
- Students can avail of unique opportunities, including a summer internship in Philadelphia.
- Students will have access to our panel of experienced law lecturers, many of whom are accomplished practitioners in their field.
- 3 year QQI Level 8 Degree
- Recognised by the Honorable Society of King's Inns and the Law Society of Ireland
- Extensive List of Subject Choices
- Extracurricular Law-related Activities
- Experienced and Legal Practitioner Lecturers
- Extensive Library Facilities and Legal Research Databases
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
- February 2022*
- September 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC403
What our students say
The course was two evenings a week which I found made it easy to maintain a good work-life balance. It gave me the flexibility I needed to maintain my social life.
Having a young family and returning to education, I was delighted with the supportive environment, positive attitude and encouragement from the faculty. The small class sizes are such a benefit to the learning experience. The course created new opportunities for my future career in law and expanded my viewpoint in so many areas. I’m glad I chose Griffith College & I'm grateful to have made some great friends along the way.