Gain an in-depth knowledge of the history and evolution of Constitutional Law in Ireland
This module will introduce students to the history and evolution of Constitutional Law in Ireland as well as its fundamental principles and substantive rules.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated programmes.
Why Study Constitutional Law and Judicial Review at Griffith College?
The Constitutional Law and Judicial Review from DLSP course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over an 8-week period. This course is for any individuals wishing to specialise in constitutional law.
- You will gain a firm understanding of the legislative, judicial and executive functions of the State.
- You will gain a broad knowledge of the provisions of the Constitution conferring rights upon the citizens of the State and describe the way in which the Constitution may be amended.
- You will obtain a valuable insight into the impact of the European Convention on Human Rights on the Irish Constitution
- You will become acquainted with the practice of summarising procedures for Judicial Review.
- Option to further your studies in this area by pursuing our Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice course.
The next intake for this course will be:
*Subject to sufficient numbers
Please see timetable section.