Gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of a crime, both in social and strict legal terms.
This singular module aims to introduce students to the social and legal nature of crimes and provide them with an understanding of the elements of a crime. It will also provide an understanding of the elements of a crime.
This course focuses on the development of professional skills; while it does not sit on the national framework, the module is drawn from Griffith College’s suite of QQI-validated programmes.
Why Study Criminal Law at Griffith College
The Criminal Law from DLSP course is conducted on a part-time evening basis over an 8-week period. This course is for any individuals wishing to specialise in criminal law.
- You will become familiar with a number of specific offences, particularly offences against the person, offences against property, public order offences and inchoate offences.
- You will gain an in-depth knowledge of possible defences to criminal charges.
- You will learn to outline the main categories of crimes by corporate bodies.
- You will gain confidence in applying criminal law theory to different factual situations.
- Option to further your studies in this area by pursuing our Diploma in Legal Studies and Practice course.
The next intake for this course will be:
- January 2023*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetable for course dates.