Professional Diploma in Capital Markets, Investment & Trading
Learn how to evaluate investment opportunities and obtain and interpret financial data.
This evening course marries fundamental theory to what is actually happening in the markets today.
This course is validated by Griffith College. This course focuses on the development of professional skills and does not sit on the national framework.
Why Study Capital Markets, Investment & Trading at Griffith College?
The Professional Diploma in Capital Markets, Investment & Trading course is conducted on a part-time basis over 12 weeks. This course appeals to a wide range of individuals interested in capital markets, investment and/or trading. The course introduces capital markets and explains how to evaluate investment opportunities and obtain and interpret financial data. It explains the various options available to investors and traders today and also considers investor psychology, tax and financial planning, derivatives and risk management.
- You will learn the fundamentals of investment and opportunity evaluation and how to obtain and interpret financial data.
- You will develop a firm understanding of market movements and the effect and implications they have for investors, traders and market participants.
- You will gain an insight into the various options available to investors and traders today including investor psychology, tax and financial planning, derivatives and risk management
- You will gain an understanding of the various routes and methods available to investors and how best to manage assets.
- You will explore the importance of understanding tax and the implications it has for investment returns.
- You will gain an advantage in securing current or future positions within the sector.
- Dublin - Part-Time, Online - October 2023
- Dublin - Online, Part-Time - February 2024
- Equities and Fundamental Analysis – Corporate structure, Macro and Micro Fundamental Analysis
- Fixed Income and Bonds – Sovereign, Corporate, Credit, Interest Rates, Derivatives and Treasury
- Foreign Exchange and Commodities - Parity Theories, FX Risk, Gold, Oil and Contango
- Technical Analysis and Trading – MA’s, Oscillators, Fibonacci, IT and Bloomberg
- Derivatives and Risk – Evolution, Forwards, Futures and Options, Pricing and Volatility, History
- CFD’s and Spread betting– Leverage and Gearing, Trading and Risk Management, Markowitz.
- Account and Portfolio Management – Practical considerations, Service, Costs and Performance
- Investment Vehicles – Direct, ETF’s, Gross Funds and Structures, Tax implications and Reporting
- Private Equity and Property – Characteristics, Investment Process and Execution, Risk and Return.
- Alternative Investments and Structured Products – Hedge Funds, Longevity, Trackers and ETF’s
- Tax and Financial Planning – Pension & Estate Planning, ARF’s, CGT/CAT, Income Tax and Allowances
- Risk Management, Compliance and Regulation.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 01 415 0429.
This course is scheduled to commence on Monday, 16th October 2023 at Griffith College South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
This part-time evening course will run one evening per week from 6 pm to 8 pm over 12 weeks, see the course dates outlined below.
The exam will take place on the last evening of the course at Griffith College Dublin Main Campus, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
On-Campus Delivery - Classes will commence on Monday, 16th October 2023.
- Oct: 16, 23
- Nov: 06, 13, 20, 27
- Dec: 04, 11
- Jan: 08, 15, 22, 29
On-Line Delivery - Classes will commence on Thursday, 19th October 2023.
- Oct: 19, 26
- Nov: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30
- Dec: 07, 14
- Jan: 11, 18, 25
Contact [email protected] for further information.
How to Apply
Direct Entry - If you are 23 years or over from the 1st January of this year, you can apply for this course directly using the College’s online application form.
Under 23 Years
Minimum of 2 H5 and 4 O6/H7 grades, to include Maths and a language (English, Irish or another language) in the Irish Leaving Certificate or equivalent award
FETAC Level 5 Full Award with 3 Distinctions
It is recommended that applicants have a good understanding of both written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Directly to Griffith College
Graduates from this programme may consider the BA [Hons] in Accounting & Finance at Griffith College.