Gain the accounting, finance and management skills needed for a dynamic career in the world of finance and business.
The BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree is delivered on a full-time, part-time and blended learning basis and is ideal for students interested either in a career in the accounting profession or who wish to develop the expertise to analyse business activities from a financial perspective.
Why Study Accounting and Finance at Griffith College?
This Accounting and Finance degree reflects the multiple requirements of today’s business and finance world, preparing you for a career in accounting, banking, stockbroking, currency trading, management, insurance or positions in the financial sector. Whether you want to change career, improve job prospects or are a school leaver, the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance is an excellent choice to develop your analytical techniques, economic expertise and strategic insight needed for a successful career within financial and business sectors.
- Students will be introduced to the course with a broad range of modules across a variety of disciplines.
- This course is ideal for students who are interested in the application of numerical techniques and the interpretation and communication of financial information.
- Students will develop a deep understanding of business, legal and socio-economic environments in which finance and accounting operate.
- Students will build fluency in the technical languages and practices of the financial and accounting sectors.
- Once completed, students will have the necessary skills to pursue a dynamic rewarding career in accounting and/or the broader sector of finance/banking.
- The city centre location delivers the programme in the evening on a part-time basis.
- Students can qualify for 9 ACCA exemptions, ACA CAP 1 exemptions and a number of CPA exemptions.
- Students will receive lecturing from vastly experienced professionals from a wide range of industries.
- Core areas of study such as tax, audit and assurance, wealth management and management accounting will be covered.
- Students have the choice to switch in year 2 to the BA (Hons) in Business Studies/HRM/Marketing if they wish.
- Excellent reputation within industry
- Excellent rates of graduate appointments
- Convenient part-time city centre location
- Gain an honours degree in three years
- Excellent study progression opportunities
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers
Worried about commuting to class, have you considered Blended Learning?
Blended Learning combines traditional classroom based learning with online formats like webinars and lecture videos meaning you only have to travel to class one Saturday per month on campus. Read more about the blended learning course option here.
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
- Dublin: GC401
- Cork: GC401
- Limerick: GC301
What our students say
Enrolling in the Accounting & Finance part time degree was a huge decision, but the lecturing staff, and indeed everyone at Griffith College, made the transition easy and enjoyable. Managing a full-time job along with studies was made easier by the consistent level of support. I found the classes to be a fantastic open environment full of discussion as well as structured lectures and great reading material. I would highly recommend anyone considering studying Accounting & Finance to choose Griffith College.