Business Courses at Griffith College
The hallmark of a Griffith business education remains the development of innovative, globally orientated business professionals who are able to integrate theory and practice. The Faculty provides numerous programmes to students from Ireland and around the world at all stages in their professional lives. These programmes equip students with not only the knowledge but also the capabilities required for success in the global marketplace. GCD undergraduate business degrees provide a solid foundation for careers in accounting, marketing, general management, finance and hospitality.
Do you want to excel in a career in business?
The BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance can offer you the opportunity to develop knowledge, competencies and skills in the diverse field of accounting and finance, including; management and financial accounting, financial management, taxation, auditing and business. The three year programme offers the opportunity to avail of generous exemptions from the professional accountancy bodies’ examinations and a direct career path to rewarding career in an exciting, dynamic and flexible business environment.
Do you want to diverse career in accounting / finance?
This honours degree programme provides students with the requisite analytical, computational and management skills to pursue a dynamic and rewarding career. While typical careers focus on the world of finance and accounting in particular, any aspect of the business arena is open to graduates... The course subjects are taught by highly qualified lecturing staff who are also experienced accountants. Their continued experience of accounting and finance, in the real commercial world, ensures the delivery of a relevant and up to date syllabus that will include interesting and pertinent case studies. In particular, students will study the impact of EU Law on accountancy.
Students who do not wish to focus on a career as an accountant will find numerous opportunities in banking, stock broking, currency trading, management, insurance or positions in the financial sector. So, whether you want to be an accountant, financial analyst or indeed, start your own business then this is the programme for you.
Part Time Student Information
Are you considering returning to education? Do you want to upskill or change career direction? See below some useful information on studying this course part time:
- Classes: are held in the evening time, normally 2 evenings per week in 1st year, 3 evenings per week in 2nd year and 3 – 4* evenings per week in 3rd year from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. *Your 3rd year schedule will depend on which electives you choose in your final year.
- Exams: Part time and full time students sit exams together in January and May each year. You will be expected to book time off work to attend your exams as these take place during the day.
- Location: Part time classes for the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance are held in our City Centre Campus; Scotch House, 4th Floor, 6-7 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.
- Parking: Free parking is available to all students at our Main Campus on South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Those attending classes in our City Centre location can utilise the Tara Street Car Park at an Evening Rate of €3.
- Fees: Please visit the Fees tab on this page to view information on Fees, Sponsorship and our Direct Debit Scheme.
THE BEST BITS OF GRIFFITH BUSINESS
Graduates of the Honours Business Programmes at Griffith obtain excellent exemptions from the ACCA. Those who complete the BA(Hons) in Accounting and Finance programme may qualify for 9 exemptions while those from the BA(Hons) in Business programme may qualify for up to 5 exemptions.
Griffith College business courses undergo rigorous programmatic reviews to ensure pragmatic and relevant business tuition.
Progression paths :
Transfer and progression opportunities are available across all programmes within the faculty from Level 6 to Level 8. On successful completion of a level 8 programmes students have the opportunity to progress on to post graduate level.
Personal attention :
Personal attention provided along with an excellent student/lecturer ratio.
Griffith College students can avail of tax relief on all QQI validated undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. For more information visit www.revenue.ie