Looking to achieve a degree in accounting, but need a comfortable work/life balance? Our blended accounting and finance degree is a flexible option that will suit your lifestyle.
The BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree is delivered through the flexible blended learning study mode and is ideal for students interested either in a career in the accounting profession or who wish to develop the expertise to analyse business activities from a financial perspective.
Why Study Accounting and Finance at Griffith College?
This Accounting and Finance degree reflects the multiple requirements of today’s business and finance world, preparing students for a career in accounting, banking, stockbroking, currency trading, management, insurance or positions in the financial sector. Whether students want to change career, up-skill or are a school leaver, the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree will provide them with the technological, analytical and managerial skills required for a dynamic and successful career.
- This course is ideal for students who are interested in the application of numerical techniques and the interpretation and communication of financial information.
- Students will explore the theoretical and practical application of accounting and finance systems, while also gaining a thorough grounding in business management and modern technologies.
- Students will build fluency in the technical languages and practices of the financial and accounting sectors.
- Once completed, students will have the necessary skills to pursue a dynamic rewarding career in accounting and/or finance.
- Students can qualify for 9 ACCA exemptions, ACA CAP 1 exemptions and a number of CPA exemptions
- Students will receive lecturing from vastly experienced professionals from a wide range of industries.
- Students will secure their business degree while maintaining their busy lifestyles or who might struggle to commute to the campus
- Suit your work/life balance, study in your own time at your own pace.
- Dedicated e-learning tutor support and lecturer contact to ensure all your questions are answered.
- Substantial exemptions from the Professional Accountancy Bodies available.
- Option to switch to the part-time or blended BA (Hons) in Business or BA (Hons) in Business (Marketing) after Year 1.
What can Blended Learning Students Expect?
Students can now fit their studies around a busy schedule with the blended delivery mode bringing the classroom to them.
- Blended learning consists of weekly video lectures, monthly live webinars and one Saturday class per month.
- Students are recommended to commit at least 10 hours per week to ensure they receive the same experience as students attending other study modes.
- Exams are held in person in January and May each year with the full-time and part-time students.
- Take part in our Access programme if you cannot commit to the required time per week. Take as few modules as you need to fit your schedule. Achieve your degree over a flexible duration.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers