A key part of our blended and online courses is the online learning experience. If you are considering or have applied for an e-learning course, you will need to make sure that your technology is up to date.
What do I need to do?
Make sure you have a laptop or computer that:
- Is relatively modern.
- Has up-to-date software.
- Has Google Chrome (our recommended web browser) installed.
Test your access to Zoom, our video conferencing software.
- For the webinars, e-tutorials and online meetings, we use Zoom Video Conferencing.
- You can test Zoom here to make sure it works and that you are comfortable using it.
- If you are having any difficulty, please email our e-learning team.
Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- Test the speed of your internet.
- We recommend that students have a minimum connection speed of 3 Mbps (megabytes per second).
Can I get discounted laptops or software with my course?
All Griffith learners can avail of discounts on a range of products and services that are brought to you in partnership with HEAnet on behalf of the Irish Higher Education & Research Community.
Discounts include using MS Office free on up to five devices, discounted pricing on software from Adobe, laptops and other hardware from Apple, Dell and Microsoft and student mobile packages with Vodafone X.
Visit the HEANet store and choose Griffith College from the list of institutes when prompted to avail of these discounts.