Advance your career as a Bar Manager with a national framework of qualifications level 7 degree in bar management
The programme aims to provide learners with the range of integrated skills required to operate a bar trade including the legal and regulatory framework, leadership and management, food and beverage, commercial skills, finance, marketing, human resource management, communications, and personal development.
Graduates may take up positions as Bar Managers in the national and international hospitality industry.
This programme is funded by the Apprenticeship Council of Ireland as part of a new initiative Generation Apprenticeship which is a major expansion project to more than double the number of learners of all ages and backgrounds using the apprenticeship route to gain their qualification.
Why Study Bar Management at Griffith College?
This programme was designed by the bar trade for the bar trade and was informed by an extensive consultation period with the industry (including the Consortium Steering Group which is made up of a number of very successful bar operators and the VFI).
The programme is developed specifically for bar managers and provides them with the wide range of skills required to operate an efficient, effective, and compliant bar trade while delivering an excellent consistent customer and staff experience.
The benefits for apprentices engaging with the apprenticeship are typically but not limited to:
- Earning while you are learning
- Successful candidates receive a National Framework of Qualifications level 7 BA in Bar Management (QQI)
- Griffith College will provide a holistic approach to learning including supporting apprentices throughout their apprenticeship programme through a network of academic success coaches
- Security of employment
- Pathway to higher paid role
- Enhanced skill set
- Lifetime portfolio to evidence personal achievements
- Full third-level college campus resources are available to support apprentices
- The programme will provide progression routes for those who wish to pursue further study.
- Provide leadership and management
- Operate a commercially aware customer centric organisation
- Manage an effective healthy and safe food and beverage operation
- Act and communicate professionally
- Implement financial management practices
- Apply effective human resource management principles
- Apply marketing principles and practice
- Learn under the guidance of a dedicated, highly qualified mentor.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers