Why Study Computing at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the MSc in Computing at Griffith College is a 1-year programme which aims to give students an insight into the world of academic and industrial computing research. Delivered on a full-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in computing or IT.
- Learn about mobile app development, but also how the current hardware can be used, i.e. learn how to use the built-in sensors; linking of devices, i.e. smartwatches, etc.; integration of mobile with the web and cloud
- Gain a practical understanding of how to research and master technical issues, analyse and present your findings coherently, and document your work in a professional manner.
- Explore the theories of cyber & information security with the practical aspects of secure programming.
- Build upon your knowledge of supporting topics in the many disciplines of computing.
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of 35 graduates from our class of 2017
- Finish early with Postgraduate Diploma
- Small class sizes
- Access to state of the art facilities
- A dedicated experienced lecturing Team
- Industry guest speakers
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers
What our students say
The course builds on the knowledge acquired from the BSc in Computing, which is applied to topics such as cloud computing, information retrieval and communication security. Particular emphasis is put on research methods which is an excellent preparation for the master’s thesis and academic challenges to come.
I found the course to be both challenging and rewarding as it gave me the opportunity to acquire a valuable accreditation whilst enhancing my computer expertise. The modules on the course are extremely interesting and beneficial, knowledge of which will prove useful in the IT marketplace.