The area of clinical supervision is evolving as one of significant professional interest within the Irish health and social care setting.
This course is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to become confident, critical, analytical, and reflective practitioners who are able to make maximum use of resources, including research in their day-to-day practice. Competent practice within contemporary health and social care settings demands flexibility as well as higher levels of knowledge and skills. Students will develop the knowledge and skills to become flexible through the development of the capacity for positive openness to change. It is our belief that this will be best achieved through collaboration and strong links between education and service, which will promote the effective integration of theory and practice. This programme will facilitate the student to evolve to a level of expert practice in clinical supervision in the context of interdisciplinary care models and driven by principles of holism.
Why study Clinical Supervision in Professional Practice at Griffith College?
- This newly validated Certificate in Clinical Supervision in Professional Practice is validated by QQI at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Participants are eligible for a Minor Award of Certificate in Clinical Supervision in Professional Practice on completion of 30 ECTs.
- This part-time certificate in Clinical Supervision in Professional Practice is congruent with the objective of providing accessible and flexible programmes to adult learners and has been designed with particular emphasis on the use of blended learning technologies to support traditional classroom learning.
- The programme will facilitate graduates of programmes in relevant disciplinary areas who wish to study towards and meet professional accreditation requirements for clinical supervision as well as provide leaders in professional practice who are capable of engaging with and initiating necessary professional discourse at policy levels.
- Graduates can apply for further higher-level studies in the field of Clinical Supervision with the MA in Clinical Supervision in Professional Practice.
The next intake for this course is:
- September 2022*
*subject to sufficient numbers