Learn fundamental skills and competencies in counselling & psychotherapy practice.
The certificate is an ideal introduction to the world of counselling and psychotherapy, offering participants the opportunity to explore this growing profession in Ireland.
It serves as an excellent introduction to the area of counselling and teaches general counselling skills that will benefit people in both their personal and professional lives. This programme is suitable for those who wish to study both Counselling and Psychotherapy at a foundational level, either to support existing roles or as a point of initial discovery as to whether a Major Award might be something that they wish to pursue.
Why study Certificate in Foundational Skills & Competence in Counselling & Psychotherapy at Griffith College?
This part-time certificate is designed for those who have little or no professional experience but wish to extend their knowledge of interpersonal and counselling skills prior to undertaking more advanced educational training in counselling at degree level. It is also relevant for healthcare professionals, teachers, social workers, managers, customer services, sports coaches and others.
- Students gain practical experience as well as theoretical understanding of the area of counselling which they can later apply both personally and professionally.
- Classes are conducted on a part-time basis, comprising of one evening a week for 12 weeks.
- Small class sizes ensure that you get the one-on-one attention needed to perfect your counselling skills.
- Graduates can apply for further higher-level studies in the field.
- Successful Students will gain 20 ECTS on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Taught through Blended Learning
- Benchmarked against European Association of Counselling Training Standards (2015)
- Designed for learners who wish to develop their counselling and psychotherapy skills for both personal and professional development.
- Successful completion of this programme means the participant will have completed 20 ECTS on the National Framework of Qualifications.
We run two intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
- October 2022*
- February 2023*
*subject to sufficient numbers
Please see the timetables section for the next course dates.