Build your portfolio and explore your creativity with this action-packed, focused course.
The Certificate in Live TV and Studio Broadcast is perfect if you do not have a portfolio or degree in this area, offering you the core knowledge and skills needed to produce and broadcast live TV studio content to a professional level. You will be encouraged to experiment and develop your creative practice, advancing your knowledge, skills and competencies using a comprehensive range of industry-standard TV studio technologies, storytelling, presentation and research approaches, and production techniques.
Why Study Live TV and Studio Broadcast at Griffith College?
The Certificate in Live TV and Studio Broadcast is a one year, QQI validated Level 8 Certificate, aimed at people with no prior experience or portfolio of work. Here at Griffith College, we encourage our students to experiment and explore their creativity, enabling them to advance their knowledge, skills, and competencies using a comprehensive range of industry-standard TV studio technologies, storytelling, presentation and research approaches, and production techniques. The aim of the course is to assist enthusiastic students in developing the essential practical skills and knowledge required to work in the demanding and multi-disciplinary world of modern live studio television production, direction and broadcast.
- Prepares students for employment in the screen media industries
- Progressively advances the learners’ knowledge, skills, and competencies using a comprehensive range of technology, concept development, pre-production, and live studio production skills.
- Offers the opportunity to gain new skills through the application of practical and conceptual skills and competencies in a wide variety of roles within multi-camera studio production environments.
- Gives students the confidence to produce, manage and broadcast multi-camera studio-based content.
- Fully equipped, industry-standard Film studio with black/white/green rail backdrop and 3x8 lighting rig
- Large selection of Cameras, including Black Magic and Sony studio cameras
- Full Apple MAC editing suite
- Full-frame Zoom & Prime lenses
- NewTek Tricaster 8000 Multi-Standard Vision Mixer with virtual studio environment
- Avid Media Composer, ProTools, and Adobe Suite
- Full range of equipment available for students to rent
Plus much more! For full list of equipment, please get in touch!
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers