BA (Hons) in Film, TV and Screen Media Production

Type

Undergraduate

Duration

3 Years

Validated by

QQI

Mode

Full-Time / Part-Time / Blended Learning

Campus

Dublin Main Campus

NFQ Level

8

This all-action course, with a huge focus on building practical skills, will help you direct the career of your dreams.

This exciting course has been created for people who have a passion for film making and storytelling on screen and have already started to experiment in these areas. 

Why study Film, TV and Screen Media Production at Griffith College?

The BA (Hons) in Film, TV and Screen Media Production is conducted on a full-time, part-time and blended basis over a three-year period. The aim of the course is to assist enthusiastic students in developing the essential practical skills and knowledge required to work in the dynamic area of film, television and screen production. 

The course is designed to follow the full cycle of the film production process and has direct connections with the film industry.  

Learners will gain skills in idea generation and development, writing for the screen and visual storytelling, financing projects, cinematography, directing, producing, sound recording, on and offline editing, VFX, and sales and distribution. The programme is composed of 80% practical modules, with the remaining 20% of the modules being theoretically focused. 

Throughout the duration of their programme, learners will have access to: 

  • Industry-standard equipment and facilities, including a fully equipped TV studio, digital cinematography equipment, production spaces and on-location sound recording equipment.
  • Industry-standard tools including Avid Media Composer, ProTools and Adobe Suite.  

Facilities Available

  • Fully equipped, industry-standard Film studio with black/white/green rail backdrop and 3x8 lighting rig
  • Large selection of Cameras, including Black Magic and Sony studio cameras
  • Full Apple MAC editing suite
  • Full-frame Zoom & Prime lenses
  • NewTek Tricaster 8000 Multi-Standard Vision Mixer with virtual studio environment
  • Avid Media Composer, ProTools and Adobe Suite
  • Full range of equipment available for students to rent

Plus much more! For full list of equipment, please get in touch!

Graduate Showcase

Check out our final year Graduate Showcase [click here] to see the conceptual, creative, and technical skills demonstrated by Griffith College’s emerging filmmakers’ in previous academic years. 

Previous Guest Lecturers

Richard Carolan, Disney Distribution; Tom Conroy, Production Designer; Nick Costello, Universal Pictures; Mark Craig, Director; Paul Daniel, Cinematographer; Dave Grennan, Cinematographer; Cara Holmes, Editor; Louise Kiely, Casting Director; Fiona Kinsella, Producer; Gary Lennon, Gambit Pictures; Andrew Lowe, Producer; Mick Mahon, Editor; Trish McAdam, Artist and Filmmaker; Niall McCann, Film Director; Esther McCarthy, Writer and Film Critic; Katie McCullagh, Cinematographer; Anna McPartlin, Writer; John Murphy, Editor; Rioghnach Ni Ghrioghair, Development Exec; David O'Callaghan, Easons Marketing; Stephen O'Connell, Editor; Mary Kate O’Flanagan, Writer; Liam O'Mochain, Filmmaker; Patrick O'Neill, Wildcard Distribution; Niall Owens, First AD; Audrey Sheils, Element Pictures; Liam Ryan, Filmmaker; Paki Smith, Production Designer; Aisling Wallace Byrne, Costume Designer; Cathal Waters, Cinematographer

Intake Dates

The next intake for this course will be:

  • September*

*subject to sufficient numbers

Ready to take the next step?

Prospectus

Download

Open Days

View details

Journalism & Media Communications Faculty

View faculty