The part-time Certificate in Advanced BIM and BIM Collaboration programme consists of one module taught over one semester.
The part-time Certificate in Advanced BIM and BIM Collaboration (using Revit) consists of one module taught over one semester. This programme is designed to explore and develop advanced skills in Building Information Modelling (BIM) and BIM Collaboration using Revit. Learners are introduced to advanced building modelling relating to protected structures/ historic buildings and will develop an understanding of model in place components and mass modelling. Learners are also introduced to BIM Collaboration (using Revit), and will develop an understanding of BIM 360 (collaboration) and Management.
Why study the Certificate in Advanced BIM and BIM Collaboration at Griffith College
The programme creates opportunities for learners to take individual professional design responsibility of their product and their process and develop an ability to lead teams within their disciplines. Through the course, students will:
- Explain key topics and principles surrounding BIM and the benefits to be gained from its adoption.
- Devise and plot design details in a holistic manner with competence, fluency and sensitivity demonstrating a good understanding of the principles of interdisciplinary communication required in presenting projects generated by BIM.
- Use BIM software to produce 2D documentation plans, sections, elevations and to construct complex 3D models to include and building services efficiently, to industry standard.
- Use BIM software to produce specifications of work, time schedules, and costings for the construction industry
- Identify, select and apply appropriate products, materials and fittings based on an understanding of technology and specifications to a professional standard.
- Independently manage BIM projects assigned by others in the built environment.
- Develop advanced building modelling skills relating to protected structures/ historic buildings
- Learners carry out cloud-based daylight and performance analysis.
- Working with teams using BIM 360 (collaboration), develop BIM Management and clash detection skills
- Learners develop an awareness of the BIM relating to costing for Quantity Surveyors.
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps plan, which gives you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers