This part-time, blended programme will introduce you to the world of creative photography for newspapers, magazines, publishing and design agencies.
This part-time, blended, Level 6 programme will introduce you to the world of creative photography for newspapers, magazines, publishing and design agencies. The Certificate in Advertising and Editorial Photography is suited for anyone who wishes to advance and enhance their photographic skills and receive formal certification for these. You’ll be introduced to the role of photography within communication design and will be provided with an understanding of the importance of the materials, techniques, and terminology related to specific creative and technical processes in photography and advertising. Creative thinking, ideas generation, brief solving and shooting to fit a layout are also incorporated.
Why Study Advertising and Editorial Photography at Griffith College?
This certificate is about understanding the role of photography within advertising and design and how you can implement these skills into your own practice. You'll be given the opportunity to explore, both practically and theoretically, the use of photography in contemporary media.
This certificate sits within our Design Faculty, giving you the best opportunity to learn from our award-winning lecturers. At Griffith College, our Photography and Design tutors will help you develop your creative thinking skills, idea generation, and how to create, solve and shoot for a brief.
- Studio classes are delivered live, with hands-on projects.
- Students have access to industry-standard studios and photography equipment.
- Taught and led by experienced designers.
- Be part of a multi-award-winning faculty
- The faculty has an excellent reputation for teaching and learning, with a student-centered approach
- The design department has strong industry links and projects are industry-led.
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
The next intake for this programme will be September 2022.*
*Subject to numbers