Why study Interior Design at Griffith College?
Students in any of our Interior Design courses are immediately engaged with the principles of design; they pursue various communication techniques allowing them to present their work in a clear and confident manner. Created to meet current best practice in industry, modules in branding and visual merchandising complement those of building regulations, health and safety, and furniture and lighting design. Graduates will have the skills to produce creative and technically proficient interior designs, which may be explained digitally, by hand or in three dimensions. Those who complete the two-year diploma are prepared to continue on in their studies or to seek employment in the interior design industry with a view to setting up their own business.
- You will learn to engage with the principles of design; pursuing different communication techniques allowing you to present your work in a clear and confident manner.
- You will develop skills to produce creative and technically proficient interior designs, which may be explained digitally, by hand, or in 3 dimensions.
- You have the option of furthering your studies with direct progression onto Year 3 of our Level 7 Interior Design course.
- The calibre of work produced by the Design Faculty has been recognised numerous times through industry awards and exhibitions.
- Full access to Student Adobe Creative Cloud - All Apps plan, which gives you 20+ cutting-edge creative tools for desktop, mobile, and web
- Our Design Faculty graduates work showcases during our annual Creative Week
Questions? Have a look at our FAQ section.
The next intake for this course will be:
*subject to sufficient numbers
Are you applying through the CAO?
Read our CAO Guide for everything you need to know about applying through the CAO!
What our students say
"Studying the Diploma in Interior Design at Griffith College gave me the confidence to take my talents as a designer, and translate them into a successful business."
“I always had great interest in design but didn’t know where to start. After a lot of research, I chose the Interior Architecture course at Griffith. The course covered a huge amount of topics and prepared us well for what to expect in the industry. The faculty also provided great support and encouraged us to submit projects for recognised awards which helped in advancing my career. After completing the 3 years, I secured a full-time job as an interior architect. Looking back I'm really glad I did this course and would highly recommend it.”